Terms and Conditions
1 person will win a trip to a destination of their choice with Contiki. This includes: return flights from
London in economy class to the value of £500 only and a Contiki tour to a destination of their choice
for 1 person to the value of £1000 only.
Booking must be made by 30 September 2019.
Travel must be complete by 31 December 2019.
The competition is subject to the terms and conditions below:
- The promoter of this competition is STA Travel, Priory House, 6 Wrights Lane, London, W8
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into
this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- Entry is free and open to UK residents only (from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern
Ireland), who submit a valid entry to the Win a trip with Contiki competition. In accepting
the prize, the winner must confirm they comply with the following requirements:
- a) Complete a valid entry between 12th January and 15th March 2019
- b) Must be aged between 18 and 30 years old
- c) Travel must be booked by 30 September 2019 and must take place before 31
- The following entry mechanic applies:
The competition entry form hosted online at: statravel.co.uk/contiki-tours.htm
Only those entrants who complete the full entry form will be deemed valid entries and taken
forward to the random entry draw.
The winner will be chosen at random and will be contacted no later than 30th March 2019.
- Any Entrant may be disqualified from this Competition at the discretion of the Promoter for
any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions or cheating in any way such as:
- Using any cheats, hacks or other 3rd party “helper” applications or “bots” to
simulate human interaction;
- Exploiting the application in any way or using the application in any way that
circumvents the purpose and conditions of the Competition.
Only entries submitted following the specified entry mechanics will be deemed valid entries.
Any entries which are deemed offensive and therefore not publishable will be disqualified at
the discretion of the Promoter and no further correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize comprises:
– Return flights in economy class and departing from London to the value of £500 only for 1
– A Contiki Tour to the value of £1000 only for 1 person aged 18-30.
The promoter reserves the right to choose the airline carrier used as part of the prize.
- Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and suppliers, providers and agencies
associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter, STA Travel, reserves the right to
request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the
Promoter’s satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete or
incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter’s decision to disqualify an
entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for
lost, late or misdirected entries.
- The final winner will be contacted by email and/or phone and/or social media. In the event
that the prize notification email is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and
an alternative winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries. The
winner must confirm acceptance in writing of the prize and these terms and conditions
within 48 hours of being contacted by STA Travel. An alternative winner may be selected up
to 2 times.
- The prize is non-transferable or refundable. If the winners are unable to travel in accordance
with the restrictions above, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and an
alternative winner may be chosen. If for any reason a winner drops out of the prize due to
health or personal reasons, the Promoter has the right to select another winner at their
discretion. The prize is for the winner’s use only and in no way covers or includes support for
any accompanying partner, family or friend.
- Any costs incurred from changes post booking, such as a name change, are the winner’s
responsibility to pay.
- The winner is responsible for getting to any departure points (for tours / flights etc), in time
for security checks and the check-in procedures on the day of departure. Travel costs to
airports are at the winners own expense.
- The organisers reserve the right for the winner to be required to pay for their return flight to
London if they choose to return before the trip period has elapsed or outside of the dates
specified by the promoter.
- The prize does not include travel insurance (which is mandatory and must be obtained by
the winner for the duration of the trip period), passports, meals/beverages (unless
otherwise stated), any applicable taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground
transportation (unless otherwise stated), accommodation or any other costs of a personal
nature not stated all of which are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The winner agrees to take part, without payment, in any publicity required by the Promoter
or resulting from this promotion, during the trip period or post trip.
- Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other STA Travel or third party discounts or
- Should the winner not complete the requirements outlined in these terms and conditions,
the Promoter has the right to terminate all remaining accommodation, trips and cancel
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize, or any
unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable for other goods or services
and cannot be taken as cash.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance
beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate,
modify or suspend the promotion.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered
(including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury
suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be
excluded by law (in which case such liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by
law). The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete
information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the
deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter
including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise
from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by
computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other
causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration,
security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the
right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to
any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in
its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has
breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct
calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal
rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone
network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment,
software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any
combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s
computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this
- The UK laws apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law.
- STA Travel reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of
unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Should the value of any prize be
less than the value stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in kind.