Park International Hotel
Accounts Assistant, Park International
The Accounts Assistant is a key member of the Finance Team, assisting in the self-accounting for all departments and the hotel business. Forecasting, sales ledger, purchase ledger and payroll; you will be expected to work in a team and liaise with the Reception and Nights Teams with regards to night audit, cash handling, billing and payment practices.
As Accounts Assistant you must have excellent communication skills, be a team player and enjoy a hands-on role. Experience within a hospitality background is beneficial as well as experience using HMS/XN. You must have passion for hospitality and deliver service with a smile.
You will work closely with the Financial Controller and support the General Manager.
- to follow up if any discrepancy is found in posting journal (when reported by HO Finance)
- to deal with chargebacks when reported by HO Finance (sending booking/payment documentation and communication with Bank (1 hour)
- to prepare write-off forms for HO Finance if chargeback case is lost
- AR Meetings with GM to keep track of overdue guest/AR payments and preparing Meeting Minutes for the same
- To chase hotel invoices/overdue payments for guests’ reservations by email or phone communication
- Communication with TA in regards of payments and commissions, preparing Account Statements, dealing with overdue commission queries (1-2 hour)
- to accept and print invoices sent by vendors, checking if details are correct and forwarding to relevant departments (Maintenance/Housekeeping) for processing (PO/RV)
- communication with new vendors (sending New Vendor form and forwarding to AP when done)
- to check the invoices processed by Maint/Housekeeping against PO/RV if no discrepancies and following up when necessary
- reviewing statements from vendors and if all invoices are processed and paid by AP
- to keep track and chase missing/incorrect vendor invoices (communication with vendors/clients, often on AP request)
- to prepare processed invoices for GM authorisation and to deliver to AP regularly, keeping record of processed vendor invoices for future reference
- in case of issues with vendor invoices reported by AP, reporting back to the departments (HSK/Maintenance) for corrections
- processing commission invoices from Travel Agents (checking for discrepancies and following up with TA if necessary)
- to organize refunds/ funds transfers documentation in case of book-outs, overpayments and forward to HO Finance
- to prepare Cash collection every Thursday if Hakim is absent (1 hour)
- to handle petty cash purchase receipts
- To follow and lead by example, cash control and internal security measures within the property.
- Observing and complying with Health and Safety Policies
- Observing and complying with company Standard Operating Procedures
We also offer award winning training and development programmes for those who would like to take a step up the career ladder. We are a company continually evolving, developing and growing. A company full of opportunities.
Click Apply Now