A Snapshot of Your Day
In your role as Accounts Receivable Analyst:
- You will work in a team of domain experts, in which your tasks include clarification of accounting issues, analysis of errors, initiation of any necessary corrections and involvement in process improvement activities or initiatives, if needed with support from the Accounts Receivable Senior Analyst.
- You will take ownership of daily Accounts Receivable transactions and month-end-closing activities and ensure they are recorded in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with IFRS and local GAAP quality standards or any other relevant regulations and guidelines.
Collaboration & Teamwork
- You will be expected to collaborate and build strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders such as regional accounting hubs, local business teams, and other partners within Siemens Energy’s global communities.
- Listen actively and continuously focused on stakeholder requests, managing complex and uncertain operational issues, while decisively moving forward in taking ownership of decisions, together with the Accounts Receivable Senior Analyst.
- Share best practices with all relevant stakeholders.
How You’ll Make an Impact
Daily Operations, Controls and Process Improvements
As a detail oriented, actively committed and involved Accounts Receivable Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Proposal of and ongoing monitoring of Provision of doubtful receivables
- Handling legal proceedings of doubtful receivables
- Imaging and archiving
- Provide Credit Limit Recommendations where automated solution is not in use
- Monitoring credit limits
- Providing input to release blocked sales orders
- Analyze and assess the financial statements and credit history of existing and potential new customers.
- Review credit applications, structure deals and perform risk assessments
- Consult on and Implement policies associated to Credit Management activities, e.g. local country credit policy and wider global company credit policies and procedures
- Consult and negotiate with internal / external customers regarding financial transactions, payment terms, and credit limit
- With your open-mindedness and willingness to learn, by building your skills and capabilities within our organization, you will support the Accounts Receivable team with the tasks at hand.
- Invest in your own career development by regularly seeking and giving honest feedback and embracing a curious mindset in learning and personal development.
People, process, and technology
- You will be actively contributing to our strategy for building an environment for people, processes, and technology, using innovation as a personal growth driver.
- Become more self-directed, build process ownership, and find meaning in your work by taking part in process improvement initiatives and cross-functional projects.
- Build strong partnerships to win the trust of our stakeholders through respectful, agile, accountable behavior when interacting with colleagues, customers, partners and Siemens Energy local and global communities.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, or relevant working experience in Accounts Receivable Accounting
- Preferably first experiences in the field of Accounts Receivable Accounting & Finance Operations
- Basic knowledge of accounting
- Basic knowledge of IFRS accounting is preferable.
- Good MS-Office skills (especially in MS-Excel)
- Preferably first basic understanding of business processes in SAP
- Experience in transitions and transformation projects is an advantage
- Willingness to travel for knowledge transfer, training/workshops, if needed
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish is a must.
About the Team
Accounting Services (AS) is an integral part of the global accounting ecosystem and a CFO function within Siemens Energy (SE). Out of Accounting Service Centers in Americas, Europe, and Asia, AS provides accounting solutions contributing towards SE’s vision to energize society.
AS is built on (1) people, (2) processes, and (3) technology which all are constantly challenged and developed. Global and diverse networks, domains, and responsibilities offer continuous opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
You will be coordinated operationally by the Team Lead Accounts Receivable, and further- be reporting to the Accounting Service Center Accounts Receivable Function Lead being part of both the local finance community as well as an international network of accounting experts.
What’s it like to work at Siemens Energy?
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- Savings Fund
- Above the law benefits
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave