Whether you’re looking for a new adventure in social care or an experienced leader, you’ll be making a world of difference when you join us as an Activity Coordinator in our Deaf Services at Achieve together.
Location: Canterbury; CT2
Contract / Shifts available: Full time 37.5 hours per week 9am to 5pm – mainly Monday to Friday but to include at least one Saturday a month for weekend activities. Some flexibility will be required for occasional evenings.
Please Note: You will need to have a minimum Level 2 British Sign Language qualification or equivalent experience in order to communicate with the people we support
Rate: £9.50 p/h (£18,525 p/a based on 37.5hr week)
Your new job: As an Activity Coordinator you will be expected to provide daily activities and engage with the people we support to lead a valued and fulfilling life enabling them to achieve their goals in socialising and being active. You will play a vital part in providing the people we support with care and be able to profoundly improve their quality of life, assisting people who are unable to live independently by offering them the practical help they need, as well as emotional support.
Your role is to:
- Provide a structured daily/weekly activity programme that may include those from outside to come and participate.
- Keep a daily log of activities organised and who took part; encouraging and promoting socialising and participation.
- Ensure activities areas are kept clean and tidy and that supplies are easily accessible to the people we support.
- Follow Health and Safety Guidelines & Procedures – Keeping yourself and others safe
Visit our website to take a look at our Deaf Services in action!
- Free DBS – No cost to join!
- Paid Training & Personal E-Learning portal – to get you off to a flying start
- Learn a new language – we will teach you BSL
- Refer a Friend & earn £300
- Annual Leave – 28 days
- Reward and Recognition – our way of saying “Thank you”
- Employee Assistance Programme – Support for you… when you need it.
Your Experience: Support Workers come from many different employment backgrounds and experiences, and you probably already have all the skills required, as we employ our Support Workers based on their values, willingness to learn new skills and the compassion to promote person centred healthcare with a homely family feel.
Does this sound like the role for you? Start or change your journey in Social Care with us today by applying NOW!
Achieve together vacancies are excluded from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 which means that for certain types of employment it is lawful to reject a person for employment on the grounds of a spent conviction. When making an application, job applicants are obliged to disclose all convictions, whether or not they are spent.