This position can be in Charlotte, NC or remote.
A Snapshot of Your Day
As an Application Engineer Battery Storage, every day is not the same in your multicultural team. You will be responsible with your colleagues for the development of the best-fit-solutions in Energy Storage for our global customers and make a significant contribution to the energy transition. With our Siemens Energy-wide collaboration, we combine various sustainable solutions to increase our customer happiness.
Are you willing to take on the challenge of developing new battery storage applications and establish them effectively in the market?
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Identify and outline customer requirements
- Design and create high-level and detailed system design drawings and layouts for Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS)
- Specify appropriate system components, calculate component ratings and quantities, and create detailed bills-of-material for material and labor cost estimates
- Determine the most effective solutions to meet customer requirements
- Handling projects from design phase into development, installation, and operations
- Training of internal teams about the product and services of Siemens Energy battery storage solutions
- Support our technical sales team at prospective customers and clients.
What You Bring
- Completed university degree with scientific background (electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, etc.) or corresponding professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience
- Long-term experience in battery technology for storage application (battery, LV-inverter, transformer, or controls), battery systems, modules and subcomponents or power conversion systems (PCS) or controls (EMS, VPP, PCS – level)
- In-depth technical understanding – especially in the field of battery storage technologies or renewable energies as an advantage
- Independent work, combined with 20-30% travel activity.
- Strong communication skills and a confident manner
- Fluent in English (mandatory); German skills are a plus
· Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
About the Team
Our Grid Technology division enables a reliable, sustainable, and digital grid. The power grid is the backbone of the energy transition. Siemens Energy offers a leading portfolio and solutions in HVDC transmission, grid stabilization and storage, high voltage switchgears and transformers, and digital grid technology.
Check out this video to learn more about our Grid Technologies business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-transmission.html
[Video share text]
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
· Career growth and development opportunities
· Supportive work culture
· Company paid Health and wellness benefits
· Paid Time Off and paid holidays
· 401K savings plan with company match
· Family building benefits
· Parental leave