- £25,000 -£28,000 (dependant on Qualification and Experience)
- Full Time onsite – 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Varied finance role with development opportunities
- Healthcare & Education charity sector environment
- Daily commute required to Thatcham, RG18 9NU (Newbury, Berkshire)
The finance team are excited to be looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their team, we are ideally looking for an AAT Level 4/CIMA/ACCA Part Qualified accountant who has broad experience of Financial processing and supporting the preparation of management, good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise, manage and complete a variety of tasks to deadlines, combined with experience of a range of management accountancy software packages, preferably SAGE to assist the Financial Controller in providing this to all entities within the charity.
If the above is of interest and you also enjoy communicating with a variety of different stakeholders to gather information and understand their needs when delivering reports or data then please see below a few more accountabilities:
- Supporting the Financial Controller to ensure accurate accounts are kept through the timely processing and reconciliation of all month end items within Sage 200 to produce monthly management accounts, including income recognition, accruals, prepayments, intercompany transactions, VAT returns and fixed assets.
- Supervise the close of accounts payable: administered by the finance apprentice.
- Monitoring & recording of the banking and cash transactions.
- Ensuring published financial controls and processes are complied with throughout Priors Court
- Supporting the Financial Controller in the preparation for the year-end audit & group statutory accounts
- Ad hoc analysis as required by budget holders, the Finance Director or Financial Controller
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Pension scheme with a contribution of 5% of your basic salary by Prior’s Court and 3% or more by you
- Life Insurance
- Access to our Employee Benefits and Discount Platform
- Self-funded Health Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work scheme.
About Prior’s Court
Prior’s Court was set up by Founding Patron Dame Stephanie Shirley, whose vision of a centre of excellence for children with autism became reality with the opening of Prior’s Court School in 1999. We have since grown to support around 80 young people with autism aged between 5-25 years with the opening of Prior’s Court Young Adult Provision in 2011.
Since opening, our support team has grown from around 20 to 500 and we have built a reputation as a leading edge educational, vocational, and residential facility for young people with autism. We are situated on 50 acres of parkland with various facilities including accommodation for our young people, a school with a wide range of facilities and offices.