Join us as the new Deputy Manger at The Chestnuts. The Chestnuts is a residential home suitable for adults aged 18+ with autism spectrum disorders and behaviours that may challenge. The Chestnuts uses a person-centred planning approach tailored towards individual needs and focused on positive outcomes. Staff will work closely with individuals, families and health care professionals to provide the best care possible. People are supported to live as independently as possible, whilst also taking part in meaningful activities that enrich their lives.
Location: Rushden, NN10 0SE
Permanent: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Your new job:
Alderwood LLA (part of Achieve together) predominately specialises in providing specialised care and support for individuals with a diagnosis of Autism, behaviour difficulties that challenge and are most often considered to have complex needs. We firmly believe that all individuals have the ability to learn and develop, helping them to live more independent and fulfilling lives.
Reporting to the Registered Manager, the Assistant Manager will support with overall responsibility for all aspects of running a complex care service and will comply with all relevant legislation and standards. Including the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 and as required by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and associated essential standards of quality and safety as required by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
If this sounds great to you… Then you’re just what we’re looking for and we’d like to hear from you!
Why not head over to our website and read further information on what it is like to work with Alderwood LLA & Achieve together https://www.alderwoodlla.co.uk/what-we-do/
Should have a min of 3-5yrs employed experience in Social Care and be currently working as a Home / Registered Service Manager.
Qualities & Experience Required include:
- Highly effective communication skills
- Management & coaching
- Leadership & development
- Sound knowledge of organisational and business operations
- Dedicated and resilient
- Problem solving skills
- Achieved, or be working towards, Level 5 NVQ or equivalent in Health and Social Care.
Your rewards include:
- Free enhanced DBS checks and clearances*
- Ongoing career development to support you in achieving your ambitions
- 28 days holiday (Incl: Bank Holidays)
- Free structured and supported 12-week induction to get you off to a flying start!
- Personal online Learning and Development portal
- Opportunity to gain sector specific qualifications and to join our Leadership and Management Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for help with financial, physical and mental wellbeing
- Discounts platform for permanent staff, including gift cards, discount codes and other benefits
- Pension – we contribute to your retirement fund
- Recognition and Reward Schemes including Long Service, Employee of the Month and Outstanding Achievement Awards
Or maybe it’s receiving the biggest smile from the person you support when they achieve a goal they never thought possible, and a heartfelt letter of thanks from their loved ones!
*Subject to current Terms & Conditions
Does this sound like the career for you? If so, apply now and start your journey with us.