Our stores are the direct link between our customers and the wider business and span from Scotland to the South West and across to Northern Ireland. Your role will be to bring our core values to life through your team of 5 – 15 employees. Retail excellence will be the standard expected day to day, in everything you do. With every decision you make and direction you set, you will put the customer at the heart of your thinking. Working collectively as part of a diverse team you’ll be expected to deliver the most unique customer experience by using our values of bold, open and trusted.
As an Assistant Store Manager your job is to help create a high performing, motivated and engaged team through leading, coaching and inspiring. You will encourage team members to love the job they do and make sure they are having great conversations with our customers to understanding their needs so they sell the right product and service to them. Making every day better for our customers through personal experiences that count.
You will also manage individual’s performance and develop the team to achieve and improve on business targets, store standards and compliance.
Reporting to the Store Manager and having people management responsibility for the team members within the store, you will be expected to lead the store alongside the Store Manager on a daily basis.
Travel is part of the role through store visits and wider team meetings. Depending on the store location and trading patterns, weekend and evening working will be expected.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Empowering your team to have great conversations with our customers, helping them to buy more easily
- Monitoring daily store activity/targets by the delivery of daily briefings and key business information to the team
- Managing performance of the team with 1-2-1s and coaching sessions
- Delivering regular, consistent and effective reviews and demonstrating effective coaching behaviours.
- Being passionate about o2s products, services and propositions and understand what we offer as a business. Becoming an expert in all things o2
- Using In store systems and working to processes taking ownership of what you and the team do
- Maximising productivity in the Store and delivering store rotas in an effective and timely manner
- Ensuring store is adhering to key compliance requirements in relation to store standards, Health & Safety, cash management, security and stock management, FCA compliance, refunds and discounts
- Deputising for the Store Manager when required
- Working with your team to take ownership of the store appearance, taking pride in where you work
Skills and Experience Needed
What we look for is:
- Someone who has worked in a fast paced environment previously, not necessarily Retail, who has the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Someone who has the ability to be able to lead, encourage and develop teams to be high performing. Take the team on a journey
- Strong coaching skills
- The ability to work frameworks to provide support, training and development
- A great communicator
- Someone who has the ability to be agile, who can change and adapt as to the business needs
- Commercial acumen
- Someone who understands the importance of delivering great customer experiences, the awareness of a customer centric culture. Putting the customer first in everything that we do
- Ability to work to processes
- Someone who has an interest in technology and mobiles
What we will give you:
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday + an extra day to celebrate your birthday
- Fantastic induction programme
- Learning and Development support
- Flexible benefits to suit you
- O2 Refresh Staff Deals for your mobile, tablet and connected smart watch
- Discounted Virgin Media bundles
- Friends & Family deals across both O2 and Virgin Media
- Buy or Sell up to 5 days holiday
- Exclusive discounts through My Extras – including fashion, gym memberships, travel and 100s more
- Plus many more benefits
Hours: 37.5hrs (flexibility required)