Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can make a difference working nights?
- Shifts patterns 21.45 PM – 07.15 AM
- Minimum 2 Nights preferred on any of the days between Thursday – Monday per week
- Daily commute required Thatcham RG18 9NU (Newbury, Berkshire)
- Car Owner/Driver Due to Location Above
- No experience required – but more experience equals a higher salary
- Gain your Level 3 Qualification in Residential Childcare
Our night time Autism Practitioners play a key role in supporting our young people to improve their sleep patterns and, together with the education and residential teams, in building their independence and life-skills.
You will work throughout the night covering a minimum of 2 shifts a week to support the young people in undertaking their night time routine, putting in place the structure and prompts to enable them to undertake tasks as independently as possible and to learn skills ranging from toileting, washing, dressing and personal care to communication and social skills.
Our thorough training and induction programme will ensure you have the support, skills and tools you need to deliver quality care for each young person. We will even support you to complete your HABC Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England) (RQF) if you are not yet qualified a statutory requirement for a career in childcare. Many of our staff members become experts in supporting those with autism and are able to progress to more senior roles.
We operate a night rota throughout 52 weeks of the year, including weekends and public holidays.
We offer a sliding salary based on your experience and qualifications – with a clearly defined pathway to move up salary bandings:
Level one Salary: £22k + (37 Hours) /£26,757+ (45 Hours)
New to care/education, ability to develop skills and experience and work towards level 3 diploma
Salary: £24k + (37 Hours)/ £29,190 + (45 Hours)
Established practitioner, able to work with a range of young people, core training is achieved and maintained. Level 3 Diploma and 1-2 years’ experience required
Level Three Salary: £25k + (37 Hours) / £30,406+ (45 Hours)
Experience of leading and guiding practice of others, ability to develop approaches for young people’s progress, lead activities and learning. Level 3 Diploma and 2 years+ experience required
Salaries are based on 37 hours per week/52 weeks per year. Salaries will be adjusted pro rata for alternative work patterns.
- Comprehensive Benefits package, including 33 days holiday per year, pension, life insurance and more
- Career Progression
- Level 3 Qualification in Residential Childcare and Ongoing Learning and Development Programme
- Dedicated handovers and reporting time included within your shifts
- Referral bonus scheme
- Working with a supportive team
- 52-acre picturesque grounds with extensive opportunities for our young people and staff to enjoy the various facilities: Woodland Walks, Swimming Pool, Gym, Wildlife Centre, Orchard, Theatre onsite, Yoga, Onsite Medical Hub, Bakery alongside offsite trips