Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Your new company
This is a global law firm with deep, sector-focused expertise. They have over 600 lawyers working across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. They solve complex issues within the construction, aviation or shipping industries, and provide advice across insurance, commodities and energy.Your new role
The firm has a pre-eminent global specialist aerospace practice, having been at the forefront of legal developments in this sector for over three decades. Their clients are drawn from all spheres of the aerospace industry and their team is one of the largest and most dedicated to the sector of any international law firm. The team is widely recognised by the independent legal directories (Chambers and Legal 500), who routinely rank them as a top tier Aviation practice.Their experience extends across the full spectrum of dispute resolution, regulatory and transactional work in the aviation and aerospace sector. Their Aviation Finance team advise leading aviation financiers, lessors, MROs, RV insurers, airlines and other aircraft operators, owners and managers on all aspects of aircraft and engine trading, leasing and financing transactions.What you’ll need to succeed
The candidate will work in the London team, specifically the Aviation Finance team, which is a fast growing energetic team comprised of 4 Partners, 1 Senior Associate, 3 Associates and 1 Trainee. The role is primarily to work on high-profile, international aviation finance, sale and purchase and leasing transactions.
- You will have relevant, high-quality aviation finance experience gained post qualification (approximately 3-4pqe), or experience gained in asset finance from within a strong commercial practice
- You will have a strong interest in developing your profile within the Aviation sector, primarily (but not exclusively) by serving the aviation finance and leasing market.
- Ideally, you will be familiar with common aviation financing structures as well as aircraft sale and purchase and leasing considerations.
- You will be used to, and enjoy, taking on a high degree of responsibility for the deals that you work on, be comfortable in a client facing role, and you will be proactive, organised and comfortable dealing across international time zones, all of course with support from our team.
- You will also be expected to play an active role in practice and business development.
- International travel may be requiredWhat you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.