It matters to us that Team O2 is as diverse as the communities we serve.
We’re aware that we need more diversity in our senior leadership roles, so we welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Whoever you are, O2 has a place for you.
Come join us.
About the Team:
Working within the OSS Domain the Netpulse Team is responsible for the technical design, test, build and Support of O2’s Big Data solution,
The team’s aim is to ensure Netpulse is designed and tested to provide a world class Big Data platform that enables O2 to transform across all technologies and provide our customers with world class services and user experience at the most effective cost to the business.
Reporting into the OSS New Technologies and Innovations manager, the Big Data Product Manager is responsible for planning and delivering incremental features, capacity upgrades and new capabilities to meet the current and future data processing analytics demands of our internal customers and stakeholders.
- You will capture business requirements from key stakeholders and use case owners, converting these into technical requirements which feed into the platform product roadmap.
- You will be responsible for creating business cases and guiding these through to budgetary approval.
- You will be responsible for Strategy planning for Netpulse platform
- You will be responsible for all the performance aspects of the analytics platforms and will work closely with the Technical Design team to deliver the roadmap capabilities as determined by the business needs.
- Communicating clear recommendations and action plans to stakeholders
- Technical understanding of Telecommunication domain and platforms
- Managing vendors to deliver solutions
- Agree and progress resolutions to network performance shortfalls or capacity issues
Skills & experience:
- Strong Product Manager experience
- Extensive knowledge of Big Data components: Hadoop, Kafka, Scoop, Oozie, Hive, NiFi, ETL, Tableau, etc.
- Works independently and defines own objectives
- Good interpersonal skills
- Delivery focused
- Experience of participating in RFP, RFQ, RFIs
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to translate technical knowledge into detailed commercial or financial summaries
- Ability to work simultaneously across a number of analytical projects, managing own time and projects to deliver results with minimal support
- General knowledge of mobile networks
- Public cloud solutions knowledge and experience is essential
- Telco experience is preferred.
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Inquisitive mindset
Location: Slough (Flexible)
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.