Tesco Mobile is the UK’s largest MVNO with over 5 million customers and industry leading customer satisfaction. We’re a totally unique business, a 50/50 joint venture between Telefonica O2 and Tesco that launched back in 2003.
Being part of Telefonica, one of the world’s most creative digital companies, we’re able to open up all sorts of possibilities – not just for customers, but for the people who work for us, too.
Great benefits. Great rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. Flexible working. These are just some of the reasons we attract great talent.
Our inclusive approach to recruitment helps us be a true reflection of our customers and their communities. That’s why everybody’s welcome – it’s time to get everyone in the room.
Location(s): Slough/ Flexible
Closing Date: 10th June 2022
About the Team
We’re the Brand and Comms Centre of Excellence and we’re utterly focused on growing, protecting, and enhancing the brand, using it as a powerful tool to drive long-term business growth. We’re responsible for Brand Strategy, Brand Communications (across all channels and touchpoints), Brand Expression (Visual Identity, Motion, Sound, Values and Behaviours) and Brand Reputation.
Our team has loads of experience from years at other Telco Brands (Sky, Virgin Media and O2) and we’re on an exciting journey to unlock the power of Tesco within Mobile, to make our key point of difference count in a crowded market. We work with some of the very best agencies in the world (BBH London, Mediacom & Tag) but are still a relatively small team, so you can have a huge impact.
About the role
As a Brand Campaign Executive, you’ll support the planning and delivering consideration-driving campaigns, from large TV-led brand campaigns to always-on media partnerships and social activity. The role is truly end-to-end so, for each campaign, we have full responsibility for strategy, planning, creative execution, media planning and buying, all the way through to evaluation and optimisation.
This role is totally channel agnostic, so you’re able to identify and work with the mix of channels that best drives brand consideration, whether that’s traditional broadcast channels, Digi/social or Tesco/Dunhumby media.
We know the best route to driving brand consideration is through mass-reach, distinctive, powerful, emotive storytelling, that leaves a long-lasting imprint in the hearts and minds of our audience. That’s the type of activity we want you to help us deliver.
We’re currently transitioning to being an Agile business, which means more autonomy, great cross-team collaboration, faster decisions, a test and learn approach and a ruthless focus on consumer insight.
- Day to day creation, delivery, and management of brand / consideration activations across the full spectrum of channels, from large ATL campaigns through to digital/ social, working closely with agency partners.
- Manage day-to-day agency relationships with our Creative, Media and Production Agencies. Deliver insightful, tight, and inspiring agency briefs that will lead to clear campaign strategy, powerful creative ideas, and brilliant execution. Deliver clear, precise feedback, that empowers agencies to solve problems. Work with our agency partners to constantly optimise our output and the process we use to reach it.
- Build key stakeholder relationships within the wider business, (i.e., Tesco stakeholders) in new ways of working to maximise output and alignment across the wider brand.
- Work collaboratively with tribes/squads and brand team, to develop hard working creative solutions to fulfil requirements for other comms tasks. For example, templates for acquisition-driving activity.
- Effective deployment of Tesco Mobile’s media and campaigns budget (including day to day budget management in line with forecasts)
What We Need from You:
- Organisational skills
- Stakeholder management
- Creative judgement
- Analytical skills
- Influencing and leading
- Campaign management experience essential (gained either client or agency side).
- Agency management skills essential
- Experience in brand campaign roles, covering both strategy and execution
- Experience in a mix of brands or range of industries desirable
- Exposure to Telco/subscription-based business models desirable
- Open to candidates with a mix, but not all above
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working, leveraging the advantages of face-to-face connectivity and enjoying the flexibility and productivity of remote working.
Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be physically together more time than apart. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time in the office location listed on the job description.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.