Competitive rates of pay, £500* Welcome Bonus, and mileage contributions are just some of the bonuses of joining Kernow House as a Care Assistant. We have an industry leading rewards package, and fantastic opportunities for progression.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Care Assistant at Kernow House, you’ll help residents by making sure they get the quality care and support they deserve. You’ll assist with daily living, providing support and companionship – and sharing great moments and memories too. Kernow House is part of our complex-care division, offering support to 84 residents with Huntington’s Disease and advanced dementia. As one of only 4 nationally recognised care centres for Huntington’s Disease, the home offers excellent learning and progression opportunities for Care Assistants to develop into Care Practitioners. Residents range in age from 30-80, so there is plenty of diversity in this role. You will support residents with physical and mental health needs, and will be trained in new techniques. We are looking for a Care Assistant who is passionate about promoting a high quality of care and ensuring that residents are treated with dignity and respect.
Barchester is the only healthcare provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for, so why not join us?
You’ll need to have empathy, a can-do approach and excellent communication skills to join us as a Care Assistant. Above all, you’ll have real compassion for all our residents in order to deliver the highest standard of care and support.
As well as a competitive salary, Barchester offers one of the best rewards packages in the care sector. Your generous benefits would include:
• A £500 Welcome Bonus* to welcome you to the Barchester family
• Rewarding Excellence bonus, meaning you will be financially rewarded by up to £500* for a Good or Outstanding CQC inspection
• Unlimited access to our generous refer a friend scheme, earning up to £500* per referral
• Access to a wide range of retail and leisure discounts at big brands and supermarkets
• Free access to medical specialists, who are available for a second opinion if you need it to make a decision with confidence
• Confidential and free access to counselling and legal services
• Tax code review service, where we will check that you are on the right code and paying the right level of tax
• Option to join our monthly staff lottery alongside thousands of colleagues across the UK
• Contribution to mileage over 15 miles each way
If you’d like to use your people skills in an organisation where the ethos centres on celebrating life, Barchester is the place to be.
*Terms and conditions apply.