Whether you’re new to care environments or experienced, you’ll be making a world of difference when you join us as a Cleaner & Domestic Assistant at Achieve together.
Location: Horley, Surrey, RH6 7EP
Contract / Shifts available: Full-time, permanent. 10am – 5:30pm (flexible).
Rate: £9.50 p/h
Your new job: You’ll play a vital part in providing a clean & hygienic environment for people with hearing loss and complex needs.
Your role is to:
- To support the people who live in the home to maintain a clean and safe environment
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate
- To contribute to effective communication with people who use our services, their relatives, friends, and all members of staff
- Be aware of people’s emotional needs, ensuring the continuity of quality and safety in the home
- To respect the rights of the people who live at the service and provide them with an equal chance to achieve their goals, in relation to managing laundry and cleaning their rooms
- To work within all Health & Safety policies and procedures to ensure the general well-being, safety and security of everyone who use the service
- To maintain high standards of health & safety, hygiene and ensure a clean and safe environment
- To support each person with their domestic responsibilities and personally undertake cleaning tasks as necessary
- To undertake intensive cleaning as requested
- Delivers and maintains a clean and tidy environment throughout the Service following a predetermined cleaning schedule, which provides documented evidence of regular maintenance
- Ensure that all housekeeping supplies are maintained securely at all times in line with COSHH data sheets
- Maintains a good working knowledge of, and complies continuously with, Company policies and procedures, COSHH guidelines and other relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Utilise the housekeeping supplies effectively within the allocated budget and avoids wastage
- To maintain confidentiality and respect the privacy and dignity of the people we support and ensures the health, safety and well-being of those we support, colleagues and visitors at all times
- Identifies and reports damage, faults and other related issues to the Home Manager or Lead on Duty to ensure that environmental conditions continue to meet quality standards and statutory regulations
- Free DBS – No cost to join!
- Paid Training & Personal E-Learning portal – to get you off to a flying start
- Refer a Friend & earn £300
- Annual Leave – 28 days
- Reward and Recognition – our way of saying “Thank you”
- Employee Assistance Programme – Support for you… when you need it
Your Experience: Support Workers come from many different employment backgrounds and experiences, and you probably already have all the skills required, as we employ our Support Workers based on their values, willingness to learn new skills and the compassion to promote person centred healthcare with a homely family feel.
Does this sound like the role for you? Start or change your journey in Social Care with us today by applying NOW!
Achieve together vacancies are excluded from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 which means that for certain types of employment it is lawful to reject a person for employment on the grounds of a spent conviction. When making an application, job applicants are obliged to disclose all convictions, whether or not they are spent.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com