Job Location: Fort Payne, AL (We are currently posting in other nearby cities)
A Snapshot of Your Day (position overview)
You can expect working with teammates, in a safe, comfortable, climate-controlled environment, to machine parts for large generators. The primary purpose of this position is to set up and operate a variety of machines and equipment. This job consists of machining, cutting, and using milling & boring equipment per specification, drawings and other instructions.
How You’ll Make an Impact (responsibilities)
· Set up and operate advanced machines including horizontal and vertical Milling machines, CNC machines and Speed Mills, Bridgeport Machines, Fishtail Machines, Welders, and Lathes according to instructions, work packages, etc.
· Review bill of material and other information to determine material required.
· Set up machine to perform required operation. Machine to specific tolerances.
· Perform various advanced program set ups.
· Perform detailed layout work as required. Interpret drawings for operations and
make calculations as necessary to complete assignment. Cross reference various drawings throughout operation.
· Obtain tools, fixtures and work pieces; retrieve applicable program and load into controller; set tool sizes and depth dimensions for cuts.
· Check dimensions on first piece cut and periodically on other pieces and make machine adjustments as necessary.
· Make changes to programs as necessary and notify appropriate personnel of all program errors.
· Review drawings and work packages for dimensions and other pertinent information; make new fixtures when necessary.
· Assemble groups of parts and transport groups of parts to next location.
· Deburr excess glass, copper, and micarta from angles, edges, holes etc. and check dimensions and appearance.
· Use various precision measurement tools to verify tolerances, dimensions etc.
· Equipment and Tools you may work with include: Tig and Mig Welding, Bending, Brazing, Measuring and Marking Equipment, Precision Measuring Instruments, Fixtures for Machining the part, Hand Tools, Gauges, Drill Presses, Saws, Forklifts, Cranes and other lifting devices.
· Perform “shop” math ; Geometry ; Charting
· Insulate and test materials per specifications.
· Check machined dimensions using fixed gauges and micrometers. Obtain first piece approval before continuing.
· Perform quality inspections and complete QCI’s as necessary.
· Keep work area neat and tidy.
· Perform other duties as required.
What You Bring (requirements)
· 1-3 years experience
· 2 year technical degree preferred;
Education level required is a high school diploma or equivalent.
· Continuous 5-25lbs; Averaging 25-60lbs; Occasional 60lbs+
· Good judgment to plan, perform, and make decisions as to the sequence of setups, operations, and processes within the limitations of recognized or standard methods and procedures.
· Close attention to detail is required to avoid errors that could cause incorrect machined parts that could not be reworked or cost associated with rework, failing to meet shipment date, and resulting in an unsatisfied customer.
· Frequent mental and visual attention, where the flow of work is intermittent, or the operation involves waiting for a machine or process to complete a cycle, with intermittent checking involved.
· Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
About the Team
Our Gas Services division offers Low-emission power generation through service and decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbines under one roof, steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunities through service offerings, modernization, and digitalization of the fleet. Check out this video to learn more about our Gas Service business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-generation.html
What’s it like to work at Siemens Energy?
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no
matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
· Career growth and development opportunities
· Supportive work culture
· Company paid Health and wellness benefits
· Medical, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance Plans
· Paid Time Off and paid holidays
· 401K savings plan with company match
· Family building benefits
· Parental leave
· Hospital Indemnity Plan
· Virtual Primary Care Available
· Free, Company Paid- Life Insurance, Vision and Disability Leave Plan
· Rewards Program for Suggestions, “Above and Beyond” Projects, and Service Time
· Flexible Spending Account Options
· Discount Programs
· Employee Assistance Program-Behavioral Health Services
· Educational Assistance
· Referral Rewards Program
· Volunteering Program
· Awards/Gifts for anniversary milestones and exceptional achievements
Monday – Thursday / 4 days X 10 hours shifts4:30 pm to 3am (Shift times may slightly vary per department.) This shift is eligible for $1 per hour shift differential.Double-time Pay will occur after 55 hours.
Machinist Pay Range:
$40k to $47k Annually+ Overtime, Double-time and Shift Differential Premium where applicable. This is an hourly position and pay will depend on experience, education and skill set.
Check out this video to learn more about our team in Fort Payne, AL: here