****$3,000.00 sign on bonus****
4×10 night shift: Mon. – Thur. 3:45pm – 2:15am
A Snapshot of Your Day
4*10’s nights. The successful candidate will work within the Compressor Component products manufacturing area within Siemens Energy Gas Turbine products division. Success is dependent upon flexibility in working urgent priorities and effectively completing daily work assignments day to day.
The primary purpose of this position is to set up and operate CNC (Complex Numeric Control) Vertical Boring Machines in order to perform precise operations on a variety of parts and components.
Tools used include but are not limited to various Vertical boring mills and associated equipment such as: milling cutters, boring bars and heads, saw, inside and outside micrometers, vernier gauges, dial indicators, wrenches, blocks, jacks, readouts and P.C., cranes, etc.
How You’ll Make an Impact
Work from manufacturing information, drawings, written and/or verbal instructions and perform such operations as:
· Using material handling devices, loads/unloads parts from machines and/or assists crane operator.
· Set up machines by installing tooling, adjusting to proper machine settings, feeds, speeds, etc., per job documentation and drawing specifications; assure proper tooling pre-sets.
· Secure work piece to layout or and/or surface with use of the plumb bob, set up blocks, surface/height gauge, dowel indicators/pins or optical leveling or aligning equipment.
· Follow established procedures on lineups, manuscripts, programs and tooling sheets to operate machine.
· Use manual, semi-automatic or automatic controls to perform machining operations, such as: turn, face, groove, radius, and grind, etc.
· Perform in-process integrity checks, as required, in order to maintain specific drawing tolerances.
· Conduct in process testing and charting operational information and/or recording data as required.
· Make any necessary tool changes or offsets, and therefore, re-orients machine, as required.
· Remove chips from work piece and for inspections, as required.
· Deburr and cleans work, as required.
· Perform preventative maintenance and may correct minor machine malfunctions.
· Return tooling, attachments, fixtures, etc., to proper location upon completion of operation.
· Complete log sheet, downtime records, and other information, as required by data collection system.
· Adapt to various situations and adjusts to shifting priorities.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
Job duties require a basic knowledge in the use of shop mathematics, together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, various types of precision measuring instruments and/or the training generally applicable in a particular or specialized occupation.
Must have 3 years applied trades training, such as use of blueprints, CNC equipment, etc. Must also be able to read, write, understand, and follow verbal and/or written instructions. Must qualify for and maintain appropriate equipment certifications of Siemens Energy (i.e. Fork truck, crane, etc.).
About the Team
Through our Generation division, we enhance and innovate conventional and renewable power supply. Currently, we’re reducing carbon emissions of existing assets and developing technologies that transform power generation applications.
What’s it like to work at Siemens Energy? Take a look: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
The Compressor Component products manufacturing area within Siemens Energy Gas Turbine products division primarily manufactures replacement parts, offers service and repairs for the large Gas Turbine compressor and turbine section components. The manufacturing line is set up to satisfy the various long term preventative maintenance/ spare parts/ service programs we offer to our end customers.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Check out this video