A Snapshot of Your Day
You are a part of a team of Mechanical and Materials Engineers within the Turbine Design Department. The purpose of this team is to support the development of new turbine components during design and process qualification and to disposition manufacturing non conformances of existing hardware. Also, an important aspect of this position will be to help implement and industrialize new coating technologies from technology development into the manufacturing environment in collaboration with internal and external manufacturing and sourcing organizations. This position is a central engineering interface between turbine design and turbine manufacturing organizations. You are working with both departments and internal and external vendors to develop manufacturable designs during component development.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Support coating technology industrialization into the coating supply base
- Conduct and support coating qualifications of turbine hot gas path components
- Evaluate in-process manufacturing data with respect to design intent
- Ensure new components follow the principles of design for manufacturing
- Draft and revise product definition as well as design for manufacturing philosophies
- Support production issue resolution and quality and cost improvements
What You Bring
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in materials engineering, process engineering, mechanical engineering or a comparable qualification
- 5 or more years of professional experience in the field of high temperature coating and/or materials.
- In-depth knowledge of thermal spray processes and properties of coatings
- Prior knowledge of gas turbine hot gas components, i.e. materials or coating processes
- Very good knowledge of the German and English language, written and spoken skills are a pre-requisite
About the Team
Our Gas Services division offers Low-emission power generation through service and
decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbines under one roof,
steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunities through service offerings,
modernization, and digitalization of the fleet.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Find out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy: https://bitly.ws/ZFwV
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, you can expect an attractive employer-financed company pension scheme
- We also offer the opportunity to become a shareholder of Siemens Energy
- We offer a wide range of options for balancing family and career, such as flexible working time models, childcare facilities at many locations, the option of trial part-time work or a sabbatical
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programmes and learning materials are available for this purpose
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.