It matters to us that Team O2 is as diverse as the communities we serve.
We’re aware that we need more diversity in our senior leadership roles, so we welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Whoever you are, O2 has a place for you.
Come join us.
Job Title: Commercial Partner Manager
Job grade: PCGU/ VM level 5
Location: Slough/ hybrid
Closing Date: TBC
About the role:
The purpose of the role is to maintain, develop and deliver business growth opportunities for O2 through existing or new partner engagement.
As a Commercial Partnership Manager, you’ll maintain and grow the relationships and engagement of existing hardware vendors. Assist and engage in onboarding new vendors and maintaining their commercial relationships. Working with many of the growing challenger hardware vendors, you will help steer them to success and deliver brilliantly against our strategy and secure maximum value for our customers and shareholders.
The role is UK focused but will require collaboration (and travel) with the Global teams in Telefonica Spain to ensure we benefit from, and leverage, Telefonica’s global scale.
Who we are
The Mobile Product, Propositions & Transformation team are the people that source, develop and deliver market-leading customer offers for our Consumer & SMB segments. Using customer insight to find innovative ways of meeting their current and future needs.
At Virgin Media O2 we’re going All In, to remove bias and barriers for our people and our candidates. We’re working hard to achieve bold ambitions, to help us better represent the diverse communities we serve across the UK. As an equal opportunities employer, we support and encourage you, to be your authentic self throughout your application journey.
- You will onboard and lead existing and new vendors to deliver results
- You will be accountable for the performance of all vendors you manage
- You will negotiate deals and contracts, handle compliance to and performance against agreements in life and support contract exit where appropriate
- You will be responsible for identifying and delivering business development opportunities with identified vendors
- You will support your line manager in developing the overall hardware strategy ensuring that the commercial processes are managed efficiently and effectively and that we deliver value to the wider Telefonica business
- You will negotiate and support rebate deals with all vendors across all categories, working with internal stakeholders to ensure the terms of the rebates are acceptable
- Own and manage relationships with Legal, Procurement, Supply Chain and Finance for allocated hardware vendors to ensure we work seamlessly and effectively together to procure and deliver products and services to our channels and stakeholders
- Own performance reporting for all relevant vendors, including performance against commitments/agreements, the market, and our budget/forecasts and targets
- Seek to overachieve against the agreed budget and objectives
- Implement Commercial Contract Management for vendors, including the identification, mitigation, and management of risk
- Own the escalation and resolution of commercial issues with each of the nominated hardware vendors.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong numeracy skills as well as possessing a highly solution-driven / problem-solving mentality
- You’ll be an expert at handling relationships with our vendor partners ensuring that Telefonica deliver on their commitments and our partners deliver to the highest level against their commitments to Telefonica
- Able to quickly build relationships and influence all stakeholders both internally and within our suppliers
- A demonstrable track record of successful commercial negotiations and contractual delivery
What’s in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the ‘stuff’ we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and tools – all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn’t our style! We’re already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We’re constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work-life balance.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we’d love to learn more about you. Once you’ve submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a conversation with the recruiter followed by an interview.
When you apply, you’ll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we’ll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.