A Snapshot of Your Day
As Commercial Sales Manager (f/m/d) for Trench Group, which is currently carved out of Siemens Energy, you start your day either in your home office or at the modern offices in Erlangen. Throughout the day, you engage with colleagues within the BIC (Bushings, Instrument Transformers, Coils) factory network in various regions, including China, Brazil, Canada, Italy, France, Bulgaria, or Germany. Collaborating with these colleagues, you address several commercial topics, such as aligning on terms and conditions for individual orders or framework contracts, as well as planning or visualizing the order entry process.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Collaboration with the bid team and relevant stakeholders to prepare customer bids
- Ensuring compliance with applicable rules and guidelines, including tax, trade finance, or currency guidelines
- Taking charge of the bid release process for specific product lines/factories in alignment with process requirements
- Coordinating and supporting (multiple) factories in the preparation of complex offers and frame agreements, covering terms and conditions, costing, and pricing
- Representing the commercial and financial aspects of the bid in customer negotiations as a part of the negotiation team
- Reconciliation of the monthly new order forecasting and demonstrating a hands-on attitude to effectively manage the full scope of financial and commercial activities
- Driving the harmonization of commercial offer processes, such as cost calculation and offer letters, among factories
- Implementing automation and digitalization of various commercial processes, including Order Intake planning
What You Bring
- Commercial apprenticeship with relevant experience in commercial functions or a university degree in business administration
- Long-term experience in commercial bid and sales management for product or solution business, preferably with external customers
- Proficiency in offer preparation, contract negotiation, financing, accounting, and reporting principles, as well as contract, claim, and risk management
- Advanced knowledge of SAP and MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Accustomed to presenting results to management regularly
- Business travels might be required from time to time based on tender requirements
- Excellent communication skills in business-fluent English; additional language skills are considered an asset
About the Team
You would join a highly motivated and experienced team which is looking to welcome and onboard a new team member.
About the Group
The Trench Group is leading the sustainable transformation of the electric power industry by offering specialized high voltage electrical products and holistic services, serving our customers in the utility and industrial markets around the globe. Our product portfolio includes instrument transformers, bushings and coil products. With proven reliability and pioneering innovations in sustainable technologies, we support our business partners in their transition to a greener future. As a global player, we aim to leave a powerful and conscious footprint in the market we lead, and the world we live in.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by many different nationalities. Trench Group celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, you can expect an attractive employer-financed company pension scheme
- We also offer the opportunity to become a Siemens Energy shareholder
- We offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely, and our inspiring offices provide space for collaboration and creativity
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programmes and learning materials are available for this purpose
- In relation to the “compatibility of family and work”, we have a wide range of offers, e.g. flexible working time models, childcare places at many locations, the possibility of trial part-time work or even a sabbatical
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.