A Snapshot of Your Day
On a customer project somewhere in the world:
After the morning briefing, you will go to the site – switch on pumps, motors, etc. and start them up. Other possible steps follow: – Solving unexpected problems – Setting control parameters and performing tests – Communicating with other engineers (f/m/d). At the end of the day, you will be proud and satisfied about what you have achieved so far and know that you have brought an energy power plant one step closer to completion.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Perform commissioning of turbines starting from single component to the full system (Turbine and auxiliaries) according to specifications and engineering documents, including functional tests and logic interlocks verification and reports
- Compile records to document condition of equipment and assure quality, provide required documentation and reports in accordance with the procedure
- Prepare and execute tests to proof operation readiness
- Independent provision of services for power plant components (gas and steam turbine generator sets, electrolysers, battery storage systems) worldwide
- Carry out troubleshooting, recording as well as analyzing customer problems and proposing remedial measures, which you may carry out yourself
- Your office is the world – and our challenges are more exciting than any traditional desk job
What You Bring
- Bachelor / Master of Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical and Process), fresh graduates are encouraged to apply, Several years of professional experience in the relevant field of work is a plus
- General profound understanding of technical equipment and ability to work with / based on technical documentation
- Knowledge of general power plant technology
- Experience in power plant operations and maintenance and / or specific Siemens Gas or Steam turbine operations and maintenance know-how is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of German and English suitable for everyday use
- Strong analytical skills with an affinity to technology and innovation combined with a proactive and convincing attitude
- Team player attitude with a high level of resilience, the ability to work independently under pressure, to multitask and to focus on problem solving in a complex environment collaborating with international teams
- Willingness to extensively travel internationally on short notice and work flexible hours
Low-emission power generation through technology, solutions, service and decarbonization.
We improve and optimize conventional and renewable energy supply. This enables us to make the most of our energy resources to support the energy transition.
Watch this video to find out more about Gas Services: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-generation.html.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- The role provides exposure to traditional as well as advanced technologies in power generation within one of the leading Energy Technology Companies
- You will co-operate with a multitude of different cultures, organizations and hierarchy levels whilst working in a global company
- Development to commissioning management, as technical expert or in project management
- Attractive remuneration package according to collective bargaining agreements
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for further training
- 30 days vacation
- And many other benefits
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.