EVP Global Functions
A Snapshot of Your Day
A typical day will include interfacing (via email, Teams, face to face) with your procurement team and other project team members from engineering, project management, supplier quality, and logistics as well as with your subcontractors to ensure well-managed, organized tendering and execution of projects.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Be the main interface within procurement and to your subcontractors for your assigned procurement scope.
- Develop and implement supply and subcontractor strategies that are aligned with the requirements of Construction and Installation of High Voltage Substations/Power Generation Plants; able to problem solve.
- Commercially evaluate proposals and conduct negotiations; collaborate with technical colleagues to support discussions/clarifications.
- Contribute to the cost reduction targets related to the direct supply of materials, products, and services.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders (Procurement, Engineering, Project Management, etc.) to support all procurement aspects for successful execution.
- Use various digital systems to run subcontractor information, requests for proposals, purchase order placement, invoice payments, etc.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Procurement, Business, or Engineering with 5-8 years of Electrical or Civil Construction or Preconstruction experience
- The role requires advanced negotiation skills and experience in the Project Business field.
- Ability to work in a matrix multi-dimensional and international business environment.
- Team-oriented, customer-focused, time management skills
- Digital tool savvy – various internal tools are used to handle daily position responsibilities.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 20% of the time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English to convey sophisticated and/or detailed information to multiple individuals with differing knowledge levels.
About the Team
We build turnkey High Voltage Substations, Grid Stabilization Solutions, and HVDC Substations in the US and Power Plants all over North America and South America for Utilities, Industrial companies, and Developers. We support our business from the pre-acquisition phase with Tendering activities and through the execution phase as a valuable part of the Project Entity Business.
Our primary objective is to ensure we deliver a quality product or service on time and within budget – sourcing strategically from new and established suppliers/subcontractors – to support successful execution of our projects.
In our Business Functions we enable our organization to reach their targets by providing best-in class services and solutions in the areas of IT, HR, Finance, Real Estate, Strategy & Technology and more.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 94,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Check out this video to learn more about Siemens Energy: https://bitly.ws/ZFwV
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits.
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave