It matters to us that Team O2 is as diverse as the communities we serve.
We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Whoever you are, O2 has a place for you.
Come join us.
Closing Date: 10/06/2022
About the team
It’s a really exciting time to join Tesco Mobile in the newly formed Brand and Communications Centre of Excellence (CoE). Within the CoE sits a bunch of brand, campaigns and comms experts, responsible for protecting, enhancing and building long-term growth for Tesco Mobile.
The awesome people within our COE have loads of experience from years at other telco brands (Virgin Media and O2) and also bring experience from big brands outside telco (Sky, Now TV, Honda and John Lewis.) We’re on an exciting journey to unlock the power of Tesco within mobile, to make our key point of difference count in a crowded market – and you could help us reinforce that difference with Tesco Mobile and wider Tesco colleagues.
You’ll join the comms squad. We’re a small team but fast-paced and energetic, driving the internal and external comms agenda. We also work with some great agency partners, presenting lots of opportunity to get stuck in, build your experience and make a huge impact.
About the role
As the internal communications exec you’ll be instrumental in planning, facilitating and creating rich creative content for our colleague communications channels. From our weekly newsletter, to the day-to-day management of our internal social platform, it’s a really varied role that touches on all parts of the business.
With a flair for writing and the gift of the gab, you’ll be a central point of contact for any colleague with a story to tell. You’ll be able to turn a one-liner into a page turner, delivering the message in the right way to the relevant audiences.
You’ll also help drive our colleague engagement strategy with comms that connect and resonate with our head office and retail colleagues, and also 300,000 Tesco colleagues. You’ll be pivotal in bringing our tone of voice and values to life, helping to create an environment where colleagues love working for the brand, ultimately becoming our strongest advocates.
We’re on a journey to becoming a fully Agile business, which means more autonomy, great cross-team collaboration, faster decisions, a test and learn approach and a real focus on consumer insight.
• Capture the hearts and minds of all colleagues across the business
• Develop, produce and implement campaign stories for our different internal audiences, across a range of
• Support brand campaigns and internal-only campaigns to engage and excite our colleagues
• Manage the annual content calendar, liaising with key stakeholders across the business
• Lead the delivery of our regular colleague calls, face-to-face and virtually
• Be an ambassador for best practice, continually seeking out new and creative ways to engage our stakeholders
• Be confident in working with external suppliers / agencies
• Track success of communications, feeding in to wider business metrics
• Community manage our internal social platform
• Work collaboratively with a wide variety of teams across Tesco Mobile
• Grow relationships with relevant shareholder teams in Tesco and O2
What We Need from You:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills that influence and engage internal stakeholders
• Adaptable, inquisitive and comfortable with ambiguity. We’re on a journey to becoming an Agile business, so we’re currently working through a high level of change
• A great storyteller with the ability to find and bring stories to life
• Understanding of internal digital platforms, like Yammer
• Strong project management with experience in planning, delivering and evaluating campaigns
• Previous experience in an internal comms role is preferable
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.