Transformation of Industry
About the job
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate – all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Position Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
You will be responsible for preparation of detail design of turbo compressor components. The job includes managing engineering data like model, drawings and BOMs using Siemens NX, Teamcenter and SAP. This role is not limited to specific skill in turbo compressors but extends to knowledge and experience in all domains of turbo machines.
The position will be based in Pune, India, in the global challenging technical environment. One has to closely coordinate with the counterpart and monitor project KPIs like quality, project budget and on time delivery.
• Work with all the multi-functional teams in Europe.
• Approve and organized engineering records drawings, bill of materials in Globus and SAP.
• Attend kickoff meetings.
• First point of contact for most technical issues on assigned projects, evaluate and address shop/vendors problems on deviations related Engineering documents.
• Project weekly status meetings to monitor hours and milestones on projects.
• Assist in training/guidance of less experienced drafter.
• Participate in development, implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of design tools, product improvements, and standards associated with design, manufacturing, testing, and repair of turbomachinery products.
• Collaborate with the solution development team in the development of commercial offerings, as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience:
• B.E/B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering with knowledge on Centrifugal Compressor components and Assembly .
• 7-12 years of experience in design drafting (2D and 3D CAD), working with rotating machinery, e.g., centrifugal compressors, centrifugal pumps, axial compressors, hot gas expanders, auxiliary systems.
• Proficiency with PLM (Team Center/Globus) and ERP system (SAP or Oracle).
• High attention to detail and big picture problem solver, excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills, good organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently on sophisticated projects, collaboratively and individually with the same passion and intensity.
• Possess and demonstrate a high degree of tact and professionalism; and be capable of dealing with Management, Peers, Shop Personnel, Vendors, and Clients.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Power-Point), advanced knowledge of 2D/3D CAD, and experience with ERP systems (SAP and/or Oracle).
About the Team
Our Transformation of Industry division is decarbonizing the industrial sector. Increasing electrification and efficiency are key and demand for green H2 and derivative fuels will rise. We enable decarbonization of the industrial sector and the transition to sustainable processes, building on a strong industrial customer base, a global network, diverse technologies, and integrated execution capabilities.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time