Role: Human Machine Interface (HMI) Engineer for HVDC Projects
Siemens Energy has an exciting opportunity to develop and grow a new business function in support of the growing UK offshore renewable and HVDC interconnector market.
With the increase in demand for HVDC technology moving forward, we have decided to establish a dedicated team within the UK to support the delivery of future projects including a full transient network analysis laboratory for functional and dynamic performance testing.
As an HMI Engineer for HVDC Projects you will work within a team of HVDC project management and engineering specialists to design and deliver full HVDC control and protection solutions for both wind farm grid connections and interconnectors making use of a new transient network analysis laboratory located in Manchester.
You will also support the exiting AC control and protection team with the delivery of HVAC wind farm grid connection solutions both in the UK and internationally.
You will report to the Engineering Manager – SCADA and Communications and will be required to provide engineering work packages in line with project and business objectives.
LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
· Project Engineering “Human Machine Interface” for HVDC control & protection systems (HMI as central interface for Operation and Monitoring of the HVDC plant).
· Creation and maintenance of project specific technical specifications, documents & manuals.
· Clarification of concepts and functions to be implemented with internal departments and external customers.
· Creation of the HMI configuration. Visualization of plant items, operating states, and parameters on the HMI screens.
· Design of the centralized signal reporting system (alarm & event recording).
· System integration and commissioning of the HMI in the test laboratory in Manchester (verification of proper communication between the various components including signal checks).
· Conduct / support Factory Acceptance Tests with sub suppliers and customers.
· Technical support during commissioning and warranty phase.
Your skills and qualifications
· University degree in electrical engineering or automation technology equivalent, professional training with significant professional experience
· Several years of work experience in SCADA systems for control systems and energy transmission
· Experience in the realisation of the standard IEC61850 for substation control and for data exchange with higher level automation and SCADA systems
· Configuration experience of HMI systems with software applications such as WinCC OA, Zenon (SICAM230), Simatic WinCC
· Good knowledge of protocols for energy automation systems like IEC101, IEC104, OPC, DNP) and the corresponding communication structures.
· Experience in project engineering, customer clarification, and working in complex teams
· Understanding of SCADA systems as part of energy transmission system (Substations, etc.)
· Good knowledge in high voltage and substation technology as well as in the design of interlocking schemes and automated control sequences
· Good knowledge in secondary interfaces of high voltage components such as switching devices, transformers, CTs and VTs
· Very good English language skills including Technical English, German language skills are of advantage
Let’s talk about us
“Let’s make tomorrow different today” is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable, CO2 neutral future. Our Transmission Division offers customers a broad portfolio of products, systems, solutions, and services geared around the key market trends of digitalization, decarbonization, grid stability and electrification. Our people are the drivers behind this. With expertise, passion and commitment, we are working to transmit energy as efficiently and environmentally friendly as possible. Sound interesting? Join us and help make the difference. Our HVDC Control & Protection team is responsible for the development of DC network interconnections all over the world to deliver green energy to the customers.
Our HVAC Control & Protection team is globally responsible for AC connected windfarm solutions driving net zero targets for our customers.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fuelled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary and annual bonus. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few. We encourage the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
For a more detailed insight into Siemens Energy, please view this video: https://p3.aprimocdn.net/siemensenergy/187b9e32-a46d-40a5-b312-b0a100a1e32c/SE—StepByStep_UT-EN_MP4-1080p-20mbit-mp4_Original%20file.mp4?apr_optimization=false