Tesco Mobile is the UK’s largest MVNO with over 5 million customers and industry leading customer satisfaction. We’re a totally unique business, a 50/50 joint venture between Telefonica O2 and Tesco that launched back in 2003.
Being part of Telefonica, one of the world’s most creative digital companies, we’re able to open up all sorts of possibilities – not just for customers, but for the people who work for us, too.
Great benefits. Great rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. Flexible working. These are just some of the reasons we attract great talent.
Our inclusive approach to recruitment helps us be a true reflection of our customers and their communities. That’s why everybody’s welcome – it’s time to get everyone in the room.
Location(s): Manchester – HYBRID
About the Team
The role will report into the Head Of Credit Risk and Fraud and will be responsible for managing all aspects of Tesco Mobile Credit Risk Operations
About the role
As Credit Risk Manager you will be required to optimise revenue opportunity through credit risk initiatives and improve customer acquisition. Manage and improve processes to reduce involuntary churn. Use marginal gain principles to drive revenue and base. Deliver day to day activities that underpins compliance for FCA, GDPR, CIFAS & SCOR. Actively manage the current consumer credit strategy ensuring accept, refer, and decline rates are optimised, whilst managing credit policies, decision engine rules and strategies. Undertake complex analysis of large datasets to suggest improvements to revenue on a risk reward basis. Manage consumer on-boarding eligibility criteria ensuring it is at the optimum level whilst maximising growth and minimising churn.
- Manage and assist with consumer credit risk projects.
- Actively manage consumer credit strategy to manage accept, refer, and decline rates, whilst managing credit policies, decision engine rules and credit strategies.
- Manage consumer on-boarding eligibility criteria ensuring it is at the optimum level whilst maximising growth and minimising churn.
- Manage consumer upgrade and additional subscription eligibility criteria and processes ensuring it is at the optimum level whilst minimising churn.
- Own and manage all aspects of consumer and B2B credit bureau data loading to ensure we comply with FCA and SCOR responsibilities.
- Identify risks from new and existing propositions to ensure the risk to the business is minimal and ensure all required reporting to analyse is adequate.
- Provide consumer project support to all projects within Tesco Mobile.
- Manage consumer referral rate to ensure that the order journey is interrupted only where necessary and that calls can be answered within SLA.
- Work with third parties to implement processes for automation and optimisation.
- Support the Head of Credit Risk and Fraud daily and with any further ad-hoc requirements.
- Provide analysis and insight to identify and mitigate consumer risks in the business.
- Undertake complex analysis of large datasets to suggest improvements to revenue on a risk reward basis.
- Evolve current reporting to ensure the business is maximising all available information to drive the business forward.
- Manage relationships with both internal and external suppliers
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand and share opportunities to maximise growth.
What We Need from You:
- Customer focussed
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to spot issues and a determined approach to resolution
- Strategic thinker with the ability to foresee, map and deliver long term goals and manage debt direction.
- Pro-active and adaptable approach to change in a fast-moving environment with a positive solution driven approach to new challenges
- Strong Understanding of the Credit Risk lifecycle
- Hands on experience using MS SQL and R/Python/SAS/Excel
- Knowledge of Power BI/Tableau
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week – combining office and remote working, leveraging the advantages of face-to-face connectivity and enjoying the flexibility and productivity of remote working.
Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate – and there will be the expectation for everyone to be physically together more time than apart. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time in the office location listed on the job description.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.