A Snapshot of Your Day
This role will focus on
developing R&O material forecast strategy and deploying it into the supply
chain. Providing responsive and efficient material solutions to the Siemens
Energy Canada AGT Service
Business. The demand
planner will be the focal point within manufacturing operations to create stock.
targets and ensure
material are available on-demand. Key tasks include creating R&O specific
BOM’s based on engine load plan, scrap rate, component repairs and
modifications/upgrades. The role is based in a fast-paced operations environment and has many multi-functional
interfaces. The candidate will need to need to be highly organized and be able
analyze and understand complex data sets.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Responsible to develop and deploy into the supply chain a
robust R&O material forecast strategy.
- Be the focal point within manufacturing operations to
ensure material is available in stock.
- Work within the Sales and Operation Planning process to
convert the long-term R&O engine load
- plan into a material
- Provide the supply chain with a clear long term demand
signal of material requirements.
- Work closely with buyers and MRPC’s to identify and monitor
- Create R&O specific BOM’s based on engine load plan,
scrap rates, component repairs capability.
- and modifications/upgrades
- Develop appropriate safety stocking policies and establish
stock targets per component based on
- statistical analysis and
key risks within the supply chain
- Work closely with engineering to analyze component repair
yield and scrap rates.
- Provide the material cost for all R&O engine projects.
- Track and review monthly KPI’s for material forecasting.
- Ensure lessons learned are captured with each engine
overhaul and that a closed loop process.
- exists for updating
- Improve process adherence and capability for R&O
demands by looking for best practice across
- the Siemens Energy
network, employing modern ERP, provisioning algorithms and scenario modelling
- Strong SAP/ERP background and experience
- Strong analytical skills and data management experience
- Have strong experience analyzing and understanding complex data sets.
- Participated in dealing with change and process improvement activities.
- Has attention to detail and is highly organized.
- Understanding and experience in different roles/functions/processes (e.g.,
Finance, Supply Chain, Management, Operations Management, Scheduling/Planning)
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Experience working on a
manufacturing operation environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, operations management, industrial engineering,or equivalent field and/or 5 to 10 years of proven experience in a related field
- APICs certification considered an asset.
Our Gas Services
division offers Low-emission power generation through service and
decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbines
under one roof, steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunities
through service offerings, modernization, and digitalization of the fleet.
Check out this
video to learn more about our Gas Service business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-generation.html
Check out this video to
learn more about Siemens Energy: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we
are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy
demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more
than 94,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16%
of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect
people and the environment.
Our global team is
committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by
pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of
innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on
decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate
power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over
130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic
background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize
society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Career growth and development opportunities
Supportive work culture and a healthy work- life balance
Flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital
Competitive total rewards package
Flexible benefits and savings programs
Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell
Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html