EVP Global Functions
A Snapshot of Your Day
You will be representing the Electrical Commissioning Group on worldwide project assignments. By commissioning the Siemens Energy scope on large scale projects i.e., world class and low emission Power Plants, Grid Stabilizing Systems, Battery Energy Storage Systems you actively contribute to the energy transition. Your contribution is of utmost importance to ensure trouble-free operation of electrical equipment supplied by Siemens Energy. In a multinational team on site, you will commission individual components or entire systems and ensure quality of our services. Feedback of on-site experience to the engineering teams ensures that our products are subject to continuous improvement.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Hands-on commissioning of electrical components and systems such as, transformers, high/low voltage and DC systems, protection systems, frequency converters and excitation equipment
- Carrying out initial or repeat tests on electrical protection and control systems, as well as system optimization and troubleshooting
- Commissioning of electrical control systems with associated HMI
What You Bring
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSc or MSc) or similar, preferably with focus on power engineering, or professional experience gained through several years of work in a similar field
- Electrically skilled person according to EN 50110
- Preferably, but not mandatory, 3- to 5-year experience in commissioning of high voltage/low voltage/DC systems or commissioning of electrical protection systems (e.g. SIPROTEC or similar) or commissioning of start-up frequency converters/excitation equipment
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
- Flexibility and willingness to participate in international assignments (typical duration 2 to 12 month)
- Self-sufficient, independent, quality-oriented personality
- Team player mindset, excellent adaptability
- Ability to lead, leadership skills
- Decisiveness and Openness to other cultures
- Driving license class B (Germany)
About the Team
The Project Entity team is responsible for the first-class execution and successful implementation of complex projects across all Siemens Energy business units. We create and leverage synergies and highly skilled competencies across all business units to deliver projects as One Siemens Energy. With a strong focus on digitalization and productivity, we deliver projects on time and on budget, while driving standards for Project Excellence , Best Practices and Lessons Learned across the organization.
Find out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, you can expect an attractive employer-financed company pension scheme
- We also offer the opportunity to become a Siemens Energy shareholder
- We offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely, and our inspiring offices provide space for collaboration and creativity
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programs and learning materials are available for this purpose
- In relation to the “compatibility of family and work”, we have a wide range of offers, e.g. flexible working time models, childcare places at many locations, the possibility of trial part-time work or even a sabbatical
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.