English Teacher job in Kidderminster, West Midlands, Day rates from £150 – £200, long term supply
Your new company
This well-established Secondary School based in South Birmingham is looking for a teacher to join the department. Receiving an “GOOD” in their last OFSTED report, school visitors are always impressed by the balance of high standards and exceptional relationships between staff and students. The school prides itself on the fact that it is able to offer a huge variety of local, national and international trips and experiences to all students.
Your new role
This role is for the entirety of the summer term you will be required to:
• Teach predominantly KS3 groups
• Complete the marking and assessment of pupils’ work, along with being involved with facility and department meetings.
• You will deliver these lessons in a positive learning environment, ensuring all pupils are progressing consistently
and achieving target grades.
• Have a focus on keeping high expectations of students’ attainment and behaviour.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful in securing this position, you must:
• Possess QTS or QTLS
• Have experience teaching English within a secondary school. ECT’s with English placement experience will be considered.
• You will possess excellent behaviour management skills.
• You will be keen to work as part of a team, share ideas and good practice.
• You will be available to start in April and continue until the end of the summer term.
What you’ll get in return
In return, you will be paid a competitive daily rate and be fully supported by department colleagues and SLT. The schools we work with are passionate about the welfare of all their colleagues and will provide you with a supportive workplace environment. Along with the support from your workplace, you will also have full support and access to your dedicated Hays consultant.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now on or .
If this job isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.
You can also join our Hays Refer a Friend Scheme where you could be entitled to receiving £250 in high street vouchers. Terms and Conditions Apply.