Transformation of Industry
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Develop, implement, and manage EHS policies, plans, procedures, and processes to ensure the effective management of hazard identification, assessment of risk and implementation of controls.
- Conduct EHS-related compliance audits, inspections, and assessments of company and client job sites and workplaces across the business and ensure that the region is compliant with EHS-related regulatory affairs, company standards, and client requirements.
- Develop and facilitate training, safety meeting topics and safety notices for employees on issues related to health, safety, and environmental compliance. Assist supervisors with performing root cause analysis of all EHS incidents and assist in case management of reported injuries.
- Audit, measure and ensure the effective implementation of the EHS Management System and assist in the planning for EHS continual improvement to achieve objectives and targets.
- Assist project managers in preparation of comprehensive project/job EHS Plans and serve as the leading point of authority and/or resource for area of expertise.
- Monitor legislative updates and update EHS program as required to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Travel to the various customer/project sites for project meetings, audits and incident management as required.
- Support implementation and maintenance of Safety Management System
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in EHS field or OHS Certificate/technical degree or equivalent.
- Previous experience in environmental, health and safety.
- 5 or more years’ experience in oil and gas or power generation service industry. Specific experience with rotating equipment service and repair operations is ideal.
- 5 or more years’ experience in a safety related supervisory/leadership role.
- Professional qualifications and experience in health and safety (e.g., NCSO, CRSP, CHSC, etc.).
- Experience conducting spot audits on all staff to ensure compliance with the standards, and regulations.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment across all disciplines within the organization including operations, quality, engineering as well as contracted services.
- Experience maintaining and upholding the corporate health and safety plan.
- Understanding of integrated management systems, including the clauses and requirements of ISO14001 (environment), ISO45001 (health and safety).
- Expertise in Certificate of Recognition (COR) program requirements and COR auditor.
- Knowledge of Canada-wide occupational health and safety and workers’ compensation Legislation, Regulations and return to work.
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 40%) and work in refineries, chemical plants, power plants.
About the Team
This opportunity provides the ability to work in a team environment to reach common goals across region and product lines with a culture that adapts to your needs. You will be working with an experienced team that works well together and supports individual growth with personal development.
“Let’s make tomorrow different today” is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
What’s it like to work at Siemens Energy? Take a look: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
About the Team
Our Transformation of Industry division is decarbonizing the industrial sector. Increasing electrification and efficiency are key and demand for green H2 and derivative fuels will rise. We enable decarbonization of the industrial sector and the transition to sustainable processes, building on a strong industrial customer base, a global network, diverse technologies, and integrated execution capabilities.
Check this video to learn more about our Transformation of Industry business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/industrial-applications.html
Check out this video to learn more about Siemens Energy: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 94,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture and a healthy work- life balance
- Flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Flexible benefits and savings programs
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell vacation
- Parental leave
- Profit sharing
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives
- Diversity and inclusivity focused
Jobs & Careers: