EVP Global Functions
A Snapshot of Your Day
EC Bid Manager, who as part of the Core Bid Management Team is responsible for the preparation of competitive, innovative, high-quality and customer orientated proposals for the Erection and Commissioning part of Simple Cycle Power Plants, Combined Cycle Power Plants, Combined Cycle Power Plants Extensions, FACTs and decarbonization Technology Plants. This includes development of Feed studies (Front-end Engineering) for Electrolysis-, Power to X, High Temperature Heat Pumps for Industrial/ Utility clients and for Battery / Heat storage solutions.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- As part of the Proposal team responsible for erection and commissioning activities of the bid (quality and health & safety). Coordination with Project Management, Quality and Health & Safety and Procurement Departments and steering the bid activities of various Erection & Commissioning Experts depending on Project setup.
- Evaluation and Commenting of Customer Specification and Contract Documents, Preparation of Contract Documents, negotiations with customer and partners.
- Planning and Calculation of Project Management, Quality and EHS Personal and Site Personal (Site Management, Erection Management and Commissioning) depending on the requirements (agreed calculation split) of the respective Business Areas. This includes for the site staffing availability, required work permits in the countries and the security situation.
- Planning and Calculation of the site and commissioning running cost and for project services e.g. water & power consumption, security team, IT-connection, chemical cleaning and pre-commissioning / off site testing of the plant control systems.
- Preparation of Installation and Commissioning Time Schedule for the respective Bids. If required involvement of additional EC Experts. Project specific boundary conditions like scope, local productivity, complexity, customer specification (Plant testing!) to be taken into account. Organization of Constructability Review with EC Experts if required by BA.
- Evaluation of Site related Project Risk together with Specialists from Civil, Erection and Commissioning. Definition of mitigation measures.
- Support the specialists from Civil & Erection departments and Procurement in the definition of the best Project specific Procurement strategy for onsite works
- Before Bid submission to the client, preparation of Quality Gate documentation and presentation to Erection & Commissioning Management for release of Project cost and Risk exposure
What You Bring
- Master’s degree in civil-, electrical- or mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on international construction sites. Advanced knowledge of Construction and / or Commissioning Concepts.
- You need to be fluent in English (written and verbal), additional foreign language skills (German) significant advantage / mandatory.
- You are a strong motivated Team player and bring intercultural sensitivity, initiative, result- and quality orientation.
- Beneficial are competencies in Power Plant Technologies, Proposal Preparation, Contracting and Execution Processes, Claim Management and experience in project management and environmental, health & safety standards.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex processes, advanced negotiation, evaluation and Decision-making Skills
- Good knowledge of relevant IT-applications (MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Word, MS Teams, MS Project) and knowledge of the Jedox costing tools desirable
- Flexibility to travel internationally, performing negotiations with our Customers and Partners
About the Team
The Project Entity team is responsible for the first-class execution and successful implementation of complex projects across all Siemens Energy business units. We create and leverage synergies and highly skilled competencies across all business units to deliver projects as One Siemens Energy. With a strong focus on digitalization and productivity, we deliver projects on time and within budget, while driving standards for Project Excellence , Best Practices and Lessons Learned across the organization.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 94,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Find out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy: https://bitly.ws/ZFwV
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, we also offer the opportunity to become a Siemens Energy shareholder
- At Siemens Energy, we attach great importance to the health of our employees, and we offer a broad health portfolio of health seminars and interesting sports activities at various Siemens Energy locations
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programmes and learning materials are available for this purpose
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.