We are looking for energetic, driven, and professional bar staff to join our team at Escape to Freight Island, Manchester, Piccadilly. This amazing event space is newly re-opened for the Spring / Summer season with regular shifts being offered.
Skills / Qualifications
Previous bartending experience is essential.
Excellent communication and remaining calm under pressure will be key to ensuring smooth delivery.
Based on our variety of busy bars, you will play an essential part in our guests’ journey. You will be dispensing a wide range of drinks including cocktails, draught beer, spirit mixers, and wine to customers and be looking to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. You will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and
Working as part of a large but close-knit team so you will also need to have great working relations with the bartenders and floor team.
- Taking beverage orders from customers or waiting for staff and serving drinks as requested, paying extreme attention to detail.
- Preparing alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages for bar and customers.
- Mixing beverages using an extensive range of ingredients including liquor, bitters, soda, water, sugar, and fruits using a round build approach.
- Having full knowledge of the 25 cocktail drink specifications served at ETFI – note you will be periodically tested for your knowledge of these as part of your role.
- Restocking and replenishing bar inventory and supplies.
- Keeping your workstation clean and tidy at all times.
- Complying with all food and beverage regulations.
- Assessing bar customers’ needs and preferences and making recommendations
- Interacting with customers, taking orders, and satisfying their requests in a timely manner
- Staying guest focused and nurturing an excellent guest experience
- Ensuring everyone is having a great Freight Island experience!
- We work in a fast-paced environment, and we must cover a lot of ground. It is
- Expected that you work with a sense of urgency and take pride in the levels of service that you are giving both to our customers and to our vendors.
Rate of Pay
Starting rate for a bartender will be from £10.90 p/h with the opportunity to increase depending on performance and experience.
Regular shifts on Saturday will be available, to shift will be predominantly evening and you must be comfortable finishing as late as 2:00 am.
Why work for Freight Island
Freight Island bar operations are run by Peppermint Events who are part of Compass Group UK. As such you would benefit from having training and access to Compass Group’s Benefit and Perks programme once you join alongside our Health & Wellbeing Support Programmes which includes Access To Our Employee Assistance Programme
Apply online now via our short application form (only takes 1 minute!). We will be in touch straight away and if successful you could be working in one of our venues within a few days.