It matters to us that Team O2 is as diverse as the communities we serve.
We welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Whoever you are, O2 has a place for you.
Come join us.
Location(s): Slough/ Reading/ Flexible/ Hybrid
Closing Date: TBC
About the Team
The Strategy & Architecture & Data team plays a pivotal role in setting the strategic technical direction of Virgin Media o2 strategy, architecture, platform, services, and end to end Data & Automation delivery.
The Data Finance Analyst role is within the Data Engagement & Automation team and is responsible for the day-to-day management of financial budget and reporting. This is a key role to ensure effective management of the Data portfolio, financial controls, budget, and resource management across the Data function.
About the role
- Budget & Financial Management – Accountable for preparing and presenting financial reports to manage the Data Financials. Interpret data to present conclusions, forecasts, and recommendations based on data summaries and other findings.
- Manage, and support in the implementation for financial reporting for special projects; perform and make informed recommendations based upon research and analysis of new programs, services, policies, and procedures; prepare and present reports/presentations.
- Identify and resolve Financial operational issues across the wider Data function; identify issues and support in the conducting of research to find alternative solutions; make and assist in the implementation of recommendations.
- Focus on process improvement across the Data Engagement team; recommend and implement resulting policies and process improvements; create and modify policy and procedural manuals and guidelines.
- Coordinate with departmental delivery managers – to help prepare, write, review, and monitor project assignment, allocation, and prioritisation.
- Financial Management and Reporting – Accountable for managing operational demand and financials
- Budget Modelling and Management – Ability to model data to provide demand and financial forecasts
- Stakeholder Management – Regular stakeholder engagement to provide advisory role with respect to ensuring adherence to internal process and policy and customer expectations
- Process Improvement – Focus on process improvement and ensuring a ‘lean’ approach is adopted where applicable
- Provide support across the Data Engagement team
What We Need from You:
- Budget preparation and forecasting
- Project finance management
- Good analytical skills
- Financial Reporting – covering data collection, in–depth analysis, research, and report preparation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment
- Good Stakeholder management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Process improvement and experience of embedding new processes (desirable)
- Track record of being customer service oriented
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering part-time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email Retailresourcing@o2.com who will be happy to help.