Transformation of Industry
A Snapshot of Your Day
Forward Engineering is an exciting, technically challenging, and rewarding role, requiring substantial creative and technical problem-solving skills to moderate between all product constraints, e.g. product performance, product reliability, cost/time to produce, manufacturability, etc….
- We have the lead technical role in the flange-to-flange design of engineered-to-order aftermarket turbomachinery equipment including centrifugal compressors and axial compressors.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Perform engineering investigation and analysis of various compressor designs to determine feasibility of rerate, revamp, and upgrades that can add performance/reliability capabilities to the machinery and also extend its useful life
- Lead product engineering design coordination, collaboration, and moderation of complex technical matters with stakeholders including: CAD Designers; various Specialist Engineers, e.g. aero/thermo-dynamicists, rotor-dynamicists, metallurgists, solid mechanics analysts, manufacturing engineers, etc; and field service personnel
- Perform design analysis and make effective decisions within approved guidelines and established product standards. Ensure product designs are in accordance with contract requirements for the supply of hardware. Identify deviations to established standards for management approval
- Participate in development, implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of design tools, product improvements, and engineering standards associated with design, manufacturing, testing, and repair of turbomachinery products
- Analyze test results (field or factory), to evaluate and determine if thermodynamic performance, design performance, quality, and operating characteristics are compliant with product design. Participate in and/or conduct process and design FMEA and RCA as a part of cross-functional team, as required
- Provide leadership and technical direction to repair operations in the inspection, repair, overhaul and remanufacturing process on legacy and non-legacy machinery
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical/Aerodynamic, Chemical or equivalent degrees from an ABET accredited college/university will be considered)
- 3 plus years’ experience machinery design, rotor dynamics, strength-of-materials / solid mechanics, materials-of-construction selection, thermodynamics, aerodynamics, fluid dynamics. Those with more experience may be considered for a more senior level.
- Experience working with rotating machinery / turbomachinery such as centrifugal/radial compressors, axial compressors.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to perform detailed engineering calculations, with high attention to detail.
- Possess and demonstrate a high degree of tact and professionalism; and be capable of interacting with Management, Peers, Shop Personnel, and Clients
- Familiarity and experience with industry standards such as ASME and API
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Transformation of Industry
Our Transformation of Industry division is decarbonizing the industrial sector. Increasing electrification and efficiency are key and demand for green H2 and derivative fuels will rise. We enable decarbonization of the industrial sector and the transition to sustainable processes, building on a strong industrial customer base, a global network, diverse technologies, and integrated execution capabilities.
Check this video to learn more about our Transformation of Industry business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/industrial-applications.html
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave
This job [is/may be] based in Olean, New York or Painted Post, NY. Siemens Energy offers a variety of health and wellness benefits including paid time off and holiday pay. Details regarding our benefits can be found here:
The base salary range for this position in Olean and Painted Post, New York is between 70k-85k.
Specific offers are determined by various factors, such as experience, skills, certifications, and other business needs. Employees typically do not start at the top of the range, though compensation depends on each individual’s qualifications.