Transformation of Industry
A Snapshot of Your Day
The Gas Engine Designer is responsible for accurately performing gas engine layouts, detailed drawings for manufacturing or supply chain, and developing bills of material. The designer is involved in all aspects of gas engine design, from upfront layout, to manufacturing support. We are looking for an individual who is ready to become a well-rounded team member, who is a key player and contact for a wide spectrum of internal and external customers and suppliers and is a direct link between engineering and manufacturing.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Produce accurate 3D layout and solid models of gas engine components or systems in accordance to the project scope and within specified time frame.
- Creation of P&IDs for associated engine systems.
- Creates engineering drawings and bill of materials for manufacturing and supply chain.
- Creates solid model assemblies in NX to ensure form, fit and function logic is met, and ensuring assembly to mating parts are correct.
- Supports product design and development, part detailing and checking, fabrication and manufacturing, and is an integral part of overall client satisfaction.
- When required, the gas engine designer will need to incorporate new designs and standards into existing gas engine designs and stay within footprint limitations.
- Assist in design reviews and implement design changes.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and innovative thinking.
What You Bring
- 2 year Associates Degree or Technical Diploma in Drafting. Those with more experience may be considered for a more senior level.
- Technical proficiency in 3D modeling design software
- Experience in solid modeling and drafting using CAD
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate technical information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- General knowledge in manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook), Globus, SAP and CAD programs.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers
About the Team
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Transformation of Industry
Our Transformation of Industry division is decarbonizing the industrial sector. Increasing electrification and efficiency are key and demand for green H2 and derivative fuels will rise. We enable decarbonization of the industrial sector and the transition to sustainable processes, building on a strong industrial customer base, a global network, diverse technologies, and integrated execution capabilities.
Check this video to learn more about our Transformation of Industry business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/industrial-applications.html
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave