How You’ll Make an Impact
· Inspection and evaluation of generator components (advanced generator diagnostics, e. g. robotic inspections)
· Natural frequency response tests, high voltage and other electrical tests
· Reliability checks, cold and hot commissioning of Generators, related components and auxiliaries
· Effectively identifying technical or schedule problems as they occur and taking appropriate actions to resolve them
· Liaise with engineering and other back-office support departments to ensure a continuous flow of information and effective problems solving of technical issues
· Providing expert advice and technical guidance to support staff, peers and subordinate technicians during outage planning, outage implementation, lessons learned and supporting continuous improvement of process/product/system design, participating in internal review meetings, providing inputs on commissioning, testing and inspection activities and other tasks and equipment.
· Providing all required documentation and reports in a timely manner and according to relevant procedures, incl. compilation of records to document condition of equipment and quality assurance
· Preparing and executing tests to proof operational readiness
· Working closely with site leads, supervisors, and fellow employees and actively supporting site and project managers to maximize customer satisfaction
· Maintaining good HSE standards and practices when executing task on site and off site.
· Performing other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring
· Bachelor/ Master of Electrical Engineering, fresh graduates are encouraged to apply, (3-5 years’ work experience in the relevant field of work is a plus)
· Polish passport
· General profound understanding of technical equipment and ability to work with/based on technical documentation
· Good general skills in electrical maintenance activities of power generation equipment or in the Oil & Gas industry and willingness to continuously work hands-on under time pressure and in difficult conditions
· Digital literacy, confident user of relevant IT-applications (Microsoft Office), additional IT-competence will be beneficial
· Experience in power plant operations and/or Oil & Gas operations and/ or specific Siemens Gas or Steam turbine-set operations and maintenance know-how is an advantage
· Pro-active, problem solving and ready to work attitude, readiness to take additional tasks to improve the status Quo if needed
· Understanding of relevant industry standards for Quality and HSE
· Fluent in English Language (Written & Oral), other languages are beneficial
· Strong analytical skills with an affinity to technology and innovation in the service industry combined with a proactive and convincing attitude
· Team player with high level of resilience, the ability to work independently under pressure, multitask and focus on problem solving in a complex environment collaborating with international teams
· Willing to extensively travel internationally (up to 100%) on short notice and work flexible hours
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Working with a global team
- Opportunity to gain unique experience on the biggest energy projects in the world with edge technology
- Professional trainings
- Opportunities to work on and lead a variety of innovative projects
- Continual learning through the Learn @Siemens-Energy platform
- Supportive work culture
- Private Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- SE Equity plans
- Pension Plan
- Accommodation and transportation costs are covered by Siemens Energy
- MyBenefit platform (multisport, lunch card etc.)