A Snapshot of Your Day
As Global Commodity Manager for Trench Group, which is currently carved out of Siemens Energy, your job is to define, align and execute the strategy of your commodity. To achieve this, you will be in close contact with the factory procurement and cross-functions. Furthermore you will have a close relationship with your suppliers to ensure the implementation to support the Trench success.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You are responsible for an annual purchasing volume of approximately 60 Mio. EUR p.a. with high impact on Profit & Loss within the respective business
- Responsible for the definition and implementation of commodity strategy in alignment with the location factory Network
- Define and implement negotiation concepts and strategies to maximize savings as well as to drive material efficiency measures to achieve the maximum contribution to the targets
- Work with a Relationship Management of a diverse set of suppliers with activities such as evaluations, negotiations, claim- and contract management
- Build and maintain strong international working relationships with key business stakeholders to be an accepted business partner
- Identify proactively market risks or chances and turn them into supply opportunities (e.g. supplier innovations/ risk mitigation)
What You Bring
- Masters Degree in Industrial Engineering and / or Business Administration
- At least 8 years of experience in different procurement functions within an international environment; this should ideally include operational procurement experience as well as team leading experience and a proven track record in cross-functional collaboration. Experience gained in other functional areas (e.g. Engineering, Quality, Sales) is beneficial
- Work experience within Energy Sector (preferably Instrument Transformers, Bushings and Coils) and within an international factory network environment
- Experience with commodities Aluminum Castings, Machined Parts and Welding Components
- Ability to quickly grasp and consider key technical aspects within the supplier negotiations and overall sourcing strategy
- Analytical skills with an ability to combine strategical thinking with a strong hands-on approach
- Working with high credibility and integrity, you are able to build trust with internal and external stakeholders in an international environment.
- As a creative problem-solver you are driven by a results-oriented approach
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in English and German. Additional language skills are beneficial.
About the Team
You will be part of the new Trench Group Procurement team. So you have the opportunity to bring in your ideas and create something new. Your effort and passion will define the new procurement team with the goal to bring value to our colleagues in the factories.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, you can expect an attractive employer-financed company pension scheme
- We also offer the opportunity to become a Siemens Energy shareholder
- We offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely, and our inspiring offices provide space for collaboration and creativity
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programmes and learning materials are available for this purpose
- In relation to the “compatibility of family and work”, we have a wide range of offers, e.g. flexible working time models, childcare places at many locations, the possibility of trial part-time work or even a sabbatical
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.