PPHE Hotel Group
In a competitive sector like ours, it is essential that our hotels have a strong support in the financial operations. We are the team that handles all aspects of this complex process and we now have an opportunity for a Goods Receiver to join us.
As our Goods Receiver, you will be responsible for ensuring all products meet corporate and hotel standards by properly inspecting deliveries to evaluate the quality and quantity of the products prior to accepting and storing shipments.
- We are looking for a Goods Receiver who:
- Assures delivered products are checked against purchase specifications and purchase order
- Judges the quality, quantity, and sanitary conditions of products
- Rejects deliveries whenever there is a problem with products, using correct forms
- Verifies weights of products accurately using scale properly and log details
- Verifies all deliveries using the daily delivery report
- Inspects the supplier’s invoice for accuracy in quality descriptions, quantities, and prices
- Assures the net weight of products is recorded and checked against the supplier’s invoice
- Records date of delivery and products purchase price directly on the product’s packaging
- Assures all products billed on the basis of weight are weighted before signing the invoice
- Weigh meat items separately and log details
- Monitor all delivery vehicles for cleanliness and temperature, then log all details
- Counts all products billed on the basis of count before signing the invoice
- Monitors the moving of products to storage insuring that the most perishable items are removed first
- Issues a request for credit memo when products are spoiled, do not meet specifications, or when too many have been delivered
- Maintains proper key and lock controls to maintain security of storage areas
- Locks storeroom facilities when unattended
- Issues goods and products out only after receiving a written requisition signed by authorised staff
- Maintains professional working relationships with suppliers
- Brings needs for repair or maintenance to the attention of the Purchasing Manager
Why join us as our Goods Receiver?
- Two wellness days per year, meaning all team members start with 30 days holiday per year (pro rata) – this increases with service!
- Salary: £11.28 per hour
- Discounted gym memberships
- Access to free financial and mortgage advice
- Shift patterns shared at least 2 weeks in advance so you can plan your life around work!
- Discounted hotel staff rates
- Two meals per day, every day (including days off if you wish to come in!)
- Great Learning and development opportunities
Park Plaza. Be part of it.