It matters to us that Team O2 is as diverse as the communities we serve.
We’re aware that we need more diversity in our senior leadership roles, so we welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Whoever you are, O2 has a place for you.
Come join us.
About the Team:
The Core Infrastructure Lead is responsible for all aspects of Core Infrastructure End-to-End, incorporating, for example Service Design and Service Operations. This team develop the e2e Architecture essential to virtualise core network components – a Telco Cloud. This is critical to the success factor in understanding how Telefonica can become more effective and efficient delivering this capability. The team also provide operational consultancy to help shape the design, testing and operation of new applications, products and services.
This exciting high visibility role drives V/CNF design teams, helping them understand how their NF should be on boarded across multiple environments and collaborating the Operations teams in Service Transition for the VNFs.
In addition this role is working as a Telco Cloud service design architect driving the evolution of the Telco Cloud architecture to meet UK requirements including legal, regulatory and specific local integrations.
- NF on boarding and capacity planning
- Performance Management within Cloud environments
- VNF&CNF Designs and modelling in conjunction with various orchestrators include EO & OSM.
- Telco Cloud stack baseline management and planning
- Solution roadmap planning
- Validation/Verification and Defect Management including RCA
Skills & experience:
The candidate will be expected to have a breadth of experience in virtualisation, specifically focused on telco cloud developing a platform to host VNFs, including deployment and support of:
- Virtualisation (OpenStack, KVM, ESXi…)
- Containerisation (CaaS including Kubernetes, Container Runtime, Networking, etc)
- COTS servers, storage, accelerators
- Networking (L2/L3), DC-SDN technologies, BGP across a variety of vendors such as Arista, Nuage, …
- Mobile Core Networks (3, 4 & 5G)
- NFV, SDN, VNF, CNF descriptors for multiple orchestrators
- Automation utilising tools such as ansible are critical to our success
Closing Date: 31st August
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.