It matters to us that Team O2 is as diverse as the communities we serve.
We’re aware that we need more diversity in our senior leadership roles, so we welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Whoever you are, O2 has a place for you.
Come join us.
Job grade: PCGS/VM Level 6
About the role
This is a leadership role within the Strategy Team of VMO2. The role holder will work as part of a close-knit team of strategy professionals to help formulate and drive the growth strategy for VMO2. This role will have a specific focus on value creation through new market opportunities, new business models, strategic partnerships, M&A, restructuring and asset monetisation options, and work with key stakeholders and counterparties to drive target opportunities to closure.
What We Need from You:
• Identify strategic growth opportunities within the business, the TMT-sector and wider markets and analyse options to exploit, delivering thorough and considered recommendations to senior management and shareholders
• Evaluation of opportunities through the lenses of customer trends, market-dynamics, operational feasibility and financial attractiveness, including tax and capital structure considerations, leveraging appropriate subject-matter expertise within the busines and our shareholders
• Build and maintain scenarios for future market structure evolution, identifying opportunities and threats to VMO2, and agreeing a coherent and credible set of triggers and responses to address anticipated disruptive moves
• Engage and build credibility with analysts, potential partners, potential targets, potential investors, media, and other key influencers to ensure VMO2 has the best access to emerging opportunities
• Establish and lead or support cross-function deal teams to drive target opportunities to closure
• Become the trusted advisor to key senior managers, EC members, and shareholders on corporate development opportunities being able to challenge existing assumptions and leading by example in the application of VMO2’s values
• Build trust and strong collaboration with and between both Shareholder Corporate Development Teams
• Significant Corporate development experience in relevant to tier 1 global TMT business, evidencing strong value creation
• Significant strategy development experience at a senior level in the Telecoms sector
• Exceptional understanding of the UK and relevant foreign TMT markets evolution, and expected strategies of major market players and their owners
• Experience of driving corporate development initiatives to closure
• Effective & credible communicator, with influence at all levels including EC members, shareholders, external influencers and counterparties
• Innovator, able to think laterally, and identify creative opportunities for value creation
• Excellent team-working and interpersonal skills, building positive relationships and forming effective project teams across the business and external parties
• Strong commercial acumen, backed up by proven negotiating skills
• High impact self-starting individual, resourceful and solution-driven, able to manage and successfully deliver multiple projects in parallel
We’re looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering part-time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
- If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help
- Due to the potential conflict of interest, unfortunately we’re unable to facilitate secondments to or from Tesco Mobile
- Remember – you must notify your line manager whenever you apply for a new role, and if you are applying for a secondment, please take a look at the secondment policy available via the intranet