D&D London Restaurants
The Role: Head Pastry Chef
The Restaurant: German Gymnasium
The Location: 1 King’s Blvd, London N1C 4BU
The Salary: Competitive Salary
Why work for us:
- Top rate industry leading pay
- Discount in all of our restaurants – 40% off all day, every day
- Exclusive discounts and cashback options at a range of retailers and cinema tickets at great prices courtesy of LifeWorks App
- Wagestream – access to the Wagestream money management app that lets you track your earnings throughout the month, instantly access up to 40% of your pay as soon as you earn it and save directly from your salary
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline and the opportunity to have 6 hourly sessions with a trained Counsellor for free
- Access to WeCare – a solution designed to support your mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing. You will have access to 24/7 UK-based online GP appointments, mental health counselling, a get fit programme, legal and financial guidance plus much more
- Free tasty and healthy meals on shift
- Employee of the Month scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Holiday that increases with length of service
- Access to our training platform D&D Connect with resources to develop your skills and knowledge
- An optional paid day each year to give back and volunteer
- Recommend a Friend scheme
Who we are:
German Gymnasium was originally designed as the first purpose-built gym in England, and used by the German Gymnastics team for the 1864 Olympics. Now a Grade II listed building, German Gymnasium, is conveniently situated in the heart of vibrant King’s Cross. Serving an all-day grand café style menu across the ground floor and vast terraces, for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. With a nod to its heritage the menu reflects a Germanic influence. The restaurant on the upper floor has its own spectacular bar and semi-private dining room with views of the award-winning interior to match.
At D&D London we are passionate about all things food and drink. We strive to deliver quality in everything we do, each time we do it. With over 40 diverse venues across six cities including London, New York and Paris – there is a restaurant for every occasion. Each of our sites pride themselves on the unique designs, the freshest produce and the most exclusive settings. Founded in 2006 by David Loewi, the mission has always been the same, to provide each and every guest with a luxury experience when stepping foot into our restaurants, bars and hotel. Through the years we have paved the way in the luxury dining scene, acquiring some of the most iconic venues in London and beyond, venues such as Bluebird Chelsea, 100 Wardour St, Quaglino’s, 20 Stories, Orelle and South Place Hotel.
A bit about what you will be doing:
As Head Pastry Chef at German Gymnasium , your role is pivotal in crafting an authentic and delightful culinary experience for our guests in the Grand Cafe and fine Dining Restaurants.
We are looking for a Pastry Chef with an extensive knowledge of Austrian, German and Mittel European Cuisine, and the ability to bring an authentic “Kaffee und Kuchen” experience to our guests.
Collaborating closely with the Executive Chef, you will orchestrate the daily operations of the pastry kitchen with finesse.
Your duties span from meticulously preparing and refining an array of classic German pastries and desserts, ensuring their taste and presentation reflect the restaurant’s commitment to culinary excellence. Your adeptness at managing a team shines as you mentor and lead junior pastry chefs, guaranteeing the maintenance of impeccable quality and consistency.
Menu innovation is at the forefront of your responsibilities, as you contribute your expertise to the creation and enhancement of dessert offerings. Moreover, you uphold the kitchen’s stringent hygiene standards, harmoniously coordinate with other departments, and play an instrumental role in elevating the restaurant’s reputation as a bastion of exquisite French pastry craftsmanship.
If you are interested in the Head Pastry Chef role at German Gymnasium, please apply Today !