D&D London Restaurants
The Role: Head Sommelier
The Restaurant: German Gymnasium
The Location: King’s Blvd, Kings Cross, London N1C 4BU
The Salary: Competitive salary
The Hours: 48 Hours Per Week
Why work for us:
- Top rate industry leading pay
- Discount in all of our restaurants – 40% off all day, every day
- Exclusive discounts and cashback options at a range of retailers and cinema tickets at great prices courtesy of LifeWorks App
- Wagestream – access to the Wagestream money management app that lets you track your earnings throughout the month, instantly access up to 40% of your pay as soon as you earn it and save directly from your salary
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline and the opportunity to have 6 hourly sessions with a trained Counsellor for free
- Access to WeCare – a solution designed to support your mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing. You will have access to 24/7 UK-based online GP appointments, mental health counselling, a get fit programme, legal and financial guidance plus much more
- Free tasty and healthy meals on shift
- Employee of the Month scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Holiday that increases with length of service
- Access to our training platform D&D Connect with resources to develop your skills and knowledge
- An optional paid day each year to give back and volunteer
- Recommend a Friend scheme
Who we are:
At D&D London we are passionate about all thing’s food and drink. We strive to deliver quality in everything we do, each time we do it. With 45 diverse venues across 7 cities including London, New York and Paris – there is a restaurant for every occasion. Each of our sites pride themselves on the unique designs, the freshest produce and the most exclusive settings. Founded in 2006 by Des Gunewardena and David Loewi, our eponymous D and D, the mission has always been the same, to provide each and every guest with a luxury experience when stepping foot into our restaurants and hotel. Through the years we have paved the way in the luxury dining scene, acquiring some of the most iconic venues in London and beyond, venues such as Bluebird Chelsea, 100 Wardour St, Quaglino’s, 20 Stories and our South Place Hotel. With further expansion across the group planned in the upcoming years, this list of top destinations is only set to grow!
German Gymnasium was originally designed as the first purpose-built gym in England, and used by the German Gymnastics team for the 1864 Olympics. Now a Grade II listed building, German Gymnasium, is conveniently situated in the heart of vibrant King’s Cross. Serving an all-day grand café style menu across the ground floor and vast terraces, for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. With a nod to its heritage the menu reflects a Germanic influence. The restaurant on the upper floor has its own spectacular bar and semi-private dining room with views of the award-winning interior to match.
A bit about what you will be doing:
We are currently looking for an exceptional Head Sommelier with a great passion for world wines to join our award-winning team.
You will be assisting with guest wine service at the restaurant as well as the cellar management. The Head Sommelier will liaise with suppliers and have an immense understanding of the UK and International wine market.
You will work closely with the Restaurant management team, assisting with wine list composition, guest recommendations, training for the restaurant team, in addition to stock and cellar management.
If you are interested in discussing the Head Sommelier role further, please send us your CV without delay!