D&D London Restaurants
The Role: Head Waiter/Waitress
The Restaurant: Bluebird Chelsea
The Location: 350 King’s Rd, London SW3 5UU
The Salary: Up to £14.50 per hour
Why work for us:
- Top rate industry leading pay
- Discount in all of our restaurants – 40% off all day, every day
- Exclusive discounts and cashback options at a range of retailers and cinema tickets at great prices courtesy of LifeWorks App
- Wagestream – access to the Wagestream money management app that lets you track your earnings throughout the month, instantly access up to 40% of your pay as soon as you earn it and save directly from your salary
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline and the opportunity to have 6 hourly sessions with a trained Counsellor for free
- Access to WeCare – a solution designed to support your mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing. You will have access to 24/7 UK-based online GP appointments, mental health counselling, a get fit programme, legal and financial guidance plus much more
- Free tasty and healthy meals on shift
- Employee of the Month scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Holiday that increases with length of service
- Access to our training platform D&D Connect with resources to develop your skills and knowledge
- An optional paid day each year to give back and volunteer
- Recommend a Friend scheme
Who we are:
At D&D London we are passionate about all thing’s food and drink. We strive to deliver quality in everything we do, each time we do it. With 45 diverse venues across 7 cities including London, New York and Paris – there is a restaurant for every occasion. Each of our sites pride themselves on the unique designs, the freshest produce and the most exclusive settings. Founded in 2006 by Des Gunewardena and David Loewi, our eponymous D and D, the mission has always been the same, to provide each and every guest with a luxury experience when stepping foot into our restaurants and hotel. Through the years we have paved the way in the luxury dining scene, acquiring some of the most iconic venues in London and beyond, venues such as Bluebird Chelsea, 100 Wardour St, Quaglino’s, 20 Stories and our South Place Hotel. With further expansion across the group planned in the upcoming years, this list of top destinations is only set to grow!
Bluebird is celebrated as Chelsea’s leading neighbourhood restaurant, steeped in history the Grade II listed building, originally designed by Robert Sharp in 1923 as the Bluebird Motor Garage, opened as a Conran restaurant before it was taken over by D&D London in 2006.
With striking art deco design, offering guests a welcome escape from the hustle and bustle of King’s Road. An all-day dining destination with Modern British and multi-faceted venue, offering everything from the relaxed courtyard and café, to the refined award-winning restaurant and bar.
A bit about what you will be doing:
We are looking for a phenomenal Head Waiter/Waitress who will be highly enthusiastic and open to new challenges. You will be friendly, welcoming and ready to grow with the business. You will be looking after and motivating the commis team to achieve the best possible results and deliver an unforgettable experience to all guests.
You must have a genuine passion for what you do and bags of personality combined with the ability to engage everyone around you and build long-term rapport with both the guests and your colleagues.
If you are interested in discussing the Head Waiter/Waitress role further, please get in touch with us without delay!