Job title: Heat Transfer Engineer
Location: Lincoln, UK
Working Model: “Better Together” hybrid working model, with typically 3 days in-person attendance per week.
- Bachelors/Masters Degree with a significant content of Automotive, Aerospace, or Turbomachinery Heat Transfer/cooling design.
- Alternatively, candidates with equivalent vocational experience are also encouraged to apply.
- This position welcomes both early career candidates and those with established industry-based heat transfer experience.
- Desired skills include CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) skills and an awareness of the inputs to thermo-structural lifing analysis.
- Interfacing with Mechanical Design and Mechanical Integrity disciplines to collectively derive component life, including duty-based lifing.
- Developing cooling solutions for blade, vane, and casing for new products and upgrades.
- Conducting root cause analysis, weighted decision analysis, and design of experiments.
- Specifying component and engine test requirements.
- Calibrating thermal models using engine test and fleet experience.
- Providing production support by processing component and engine test readings.
- Disseminating information through reports and presentations.
- Initiating tool chain integration and other delivery improvement initiatives.
- Producing and maintaining method documents.
- Testing and validating internal and commercial code upgrades.
- Monitoring and reporting on achievements against technical and schedule objectives.
- Bachelors/Masters Degree with significant content in Automotive, Aerospace, or Turbomachinery Heat Transfer/cooling design.
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team with effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- A sound understanding of Heat Transfer and a commitment to continuous personal development in the subject.
- Understanding of fundamentals like investment casting manufacture, materials science, secondary air systems, and the origins of stress and creep.
- Experience in applying Finite Element Method (FEM) and/or CFD analysis for fluid flow and heat transfer.
- Specific experience with software tools such as Patran, P-Thermal, RR SCO3, Ansys, Abaqus, and CFD software like StarCCM, CFX, or Fluent would be advantageous.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.