With over 25 years’ experience, nearly 240 care homes, and six independent hospitals, Barchester Healthcare currently have some of the best quality ratings of any large care home provider in the UK. But we’re not stopping there: our mission is to provide the best possible person-centred care to elderly and vulnerable adults. As a Hospital Director within the Barchester family, you will be a leading face in the delivery of that person-centred care that helps to set us apart.
At Barchester we empower our Hospital Directors to be the best leaders they can be. You will be provided with a clear framework whilst still having the autonomy to manage your service with the additional support and infrastructure.
We work with an open, honest, supportive approach, where quality of care is at the heart of everything we do.
It is an exciting time to consider joining the Barchester family. Barchester have proudly been awarded a two-star outstanding rating by Best Companies, ranked 11th in the top 20 Best Health & Social Care Companies to work for and 14th in the Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK. We are also leading one of the fastest growing new build programmes, aiming to open 10 brand new purpose-built homes per year.
Our Hospital Directors rewards package is one of the best in the care sector as we know the importance of feeling recognised, valued and motivated. As a Home Manager at Barchester we offer a competitive basic salary with bonuses up to 100%, essentially doubling your salary! We also offer additional quality based bonuses up to £10k. Our generous package includes:
• Automatic enrolment into our profit share scheme, with the opportunity to earn a bonus of up to 100% of your salary
• Quality based bonuses up to £10k
• 8% ER Pension Package
• Career and development pathways
• A range of holiday, retail and leisure discounts
• Automatic entry into Barchester’s Excellence Awards
• Payment of NMC Annual Registration Fee
To join us as a Hospital Director you will have inspirational leadership skills with a passion for mental health care, with a successful track record of developing and motivating teams to deliver outstanding personalised care through continuous improvement. We are looking for:
• Inspirational leadership skills
• A passion for mental health care
• A successful track record of developing and motivating teams to deliver outstanding care
• Excellent organisational and management skills
• Hospital management experience
• A strong understanding of safeguarding, CQC and compliance guidelines
• Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
• Experience creating strong links within the local community
In short, your proven track record of managing complex services within the mental health sector, running a commercially successful, Good or Outstanding rated service will be complemented by your blend of compassion and resilience.
Barchester can offer long term career growth and opportunities for ambitious and passionate managers who pride themselves on delivering high quality care. Due to our excellent rewarding excellence schemes, we are also very proud to be the only healthcare provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for.
If you are looking to work with an organisation that provides the quality of care you would expect for your loved ones, Barchester is a rewarding and empowering place to be.