A Snapshot of Your Day
As an IT System Architect for the R&D Department, you play a crucial role in the IT expert team, serving as the coordinator between our customers, research and development projects, and our internal development teams. During the bidding phase, you collaborate with customers to present our concepts, identify deviations from our standardized solution, and assess these together with our IT experts. Working closely with the Product Owner, you prioritize development topics and drive the initiation of new developments. Utilizing your technical expertise, you collaborate with fellow experts to create innovative features. Following development, you guide the roll-out of these features to customer projects, offering guidance and support to the expert team. As a key contact for our critical customers, you address their questions and concerns by leveraging the knowledge of our technical experts.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Analyzation of tenders, comparing customer requirements with our standard solution, and evaluation of deviations with IT experts
- Presentation of concepts to the customer, preparation of offer calculations, and creating offer documentation
- Serving as a trusted contact for critical customers, addressing their questions
- Mediator between customers, development team, and specialist departments
- Understanding the customer needs and development of innovative designs
- Prioritization of development tasks, initiaton of new projects, and collaboration on feature creation
- Overseeing the roll-out of new features to customer projects
What You Bring
- Successfully completed degree (Bachelor or Master) in the field of Computer Science or Business Informatics, Electrical Engineering with a focus on IT o or a comparable qualification with many years of professional experience in the field of IT administration
- Several years of professional experience in the IT sector, ideally in research and development projects or project business
- Knowledge in the areas of Design of IT architecture, ideally in research and development or project business; virtualization (preferably Hyper-V) and Active Directory administration in small to medium-sized companies; Knowledge of operating systems (preferably Windows), software installation, and error analysis; experience in R&D project execution, customer clarification, working in intercultural and virtual teams; familiarity with Agile/Scrum project management methodologies is desirable
- Ideally, knowledge of relevant regulations and standards in the field of cybersecurity (e.g., IEC 62443, NERC CIP, BDEW Whitepaper, ISO27001, CIS)
- Excellent German language skills and contractually proficient English, enabled to communicate confidently and convince others effectively
- High level of initiative and communication skills
- Team player and the ability to work effectively with various stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel 5-10% for customer clarifications
About the Team – Grid Technologies
Our Grid Technology division enables a reliable, sustainable, and digital grid. The power grid is
the backbone of the energy transition. Siemens Energy offers a leading portfolio and solutions in HVDC transmission, grid stabilization and storage, high voltage switchgears and transformers,
and digital grid technology.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 94,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% oft he global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation
Find out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy: https://bitly.ws/ZFwV
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, you can expect an attractive employer-financed company pension scheme
- We also offer the opportunity to become a Siemens Energy shareholder
- We offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely, and our inspiring offices provide space for collaboration and creativity
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programmes and learning materials are available for this purpose
- In relation to the “compatibility of family and work”, we have a wide range of offers, e.g. flexible working time models, childcare places at many locations, the possibility of trial part-time work or even a sabbatical
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.