A Snapshot of Your Day
You will work with an international team of experts and specialists in various control areas such as gas turbines, steam turbines, new power generation and process simulators.
Our department is focusing mainly on the Instrumentation and Control (I&C) systems for the energy production. Together with our controls experts, you will contribute in our projects with your I&C network and IT security expertise.
You will analyze the system to be delivered and create conceptual and detailed designs to deliver a secure system to our customers.
During the implementation of such systems your on-site contribution will be required.
After the project is technically finished you will make sure that all the documentation is updated in your area of responsibility. You will also support our bid team offering solutions that meets state-of-art solutions and the high expectations of our customers.
As an I&C Network engineer, you will be part of an international project team and assist in developing customer-specific solutions for control systems in combined-cycle power stations, wind farms, power-to-X projects, and many others.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Contributing to a successful project execution
- Adapting and developing customer specific solutions regarding I&C networks and IT security in the projects
- Configuration of workstations, servers as well as switches/routers/firewalls under consideration of IT security requirements
- Testing, troubleshooting and documenting solutions
- Supporting the sales & bid management
- Training for our internal staff and external customers
- Support of commissioning (IBS) and after-sales
- Continuously developing your own knowledge and skills and helping others to grow and develop
What You Bring
- University degree (Bachelor or Associate Engineer) in the field of communications engineering, network communications, IT security
- Several years of professional experience of network design and related IT security, ideally in the field of large automation or control systems (preferably Omnivise T3000)
- Very good knowledge of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, switching, routing, VPN and as well as IT-Security concepts, standards (e.g. IEC 62443, ISO/IEC 27001)
- Communication and coordination skills required to work in an international project team
- Deep knowledge in configuration of the hardware components related to switching/routing/firewall (Cisco, Ruggedcom, Checkpoint, Scalance switches and firewalls, etc.)
- Fluent language skills in German and English
- Willingness for business trips (in total <30% per year)
About the Team
Our Gas Services division offers low-emission power generation through service and decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbines under one roof, steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunities through service offerings, modernization, and digitalization of the fleet.
Find out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, you can expect an attractive employer-financed company pension scheme
- We also offer the opportunity to become a Siemens Energy shareholder
- We offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely, and our inspiring offices provide space for collaboration and creativity
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programmes and learning materials are available for this purpose
- In relation to the “compatibility of family and work”, we have a wide range of offers, e.g. flexible working time models, childcare places at many locations, the possibility of trial part-time work or even a sabbatical
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.