EVP Global Functions
A Snapshot of Your Day
The global unit Information Technology (IT) has the company-wide responsibility for Siemens Energy. It seeks at providing a high-performance and cost-efficient information and telecommunications landscape that is oriented toward business and market requirements and ensures a high availability of data and information. The IT team is a strong partner for the Digitalization initiative at Siemens Energy
You will drive the digital transformation, challenging the status quo to improve efficiency and profitability for our Transformation of Industry organization. Collaborating closely with our global teams you will be the trusted IT Business partner, provide consulting services, ensure quality execution of projects, harmonization of processes, and provide strategic thought leadership.
This position directly supports Compressor Product line within business area Transformation Industry out of Painted Post, NY, USA
How You’ll Make an Impact
- You maintain the relationship with the Service businesses of the Compression (CP) and Sustainable Energy Systems (SES) units and be the consultant to the business on their acquisition and use of IT in value streams and business processes.
- Drive and align the IT strategy and IT budget according to business requirements and in alignment with IT governance and impacted value centers.
- Guide and supervise the adoption of the Digitalization initiatives into the CP and SES SV businesses.
- Drive and support strategic demand planning and budget estimation, controlling and reporting.
- You act as advisor and issue point to the business accountable management of the assigned area of responsibility in all IT related issues and initiate identified actions.
- Leverage business understanding and proximity to lead, guide and enable good IT decisions that benefit business performance.
- Being a Project Manager for our business-specific projects together with the business partners and IT value centers and are
accountable/responsible end to end from planning to execution of our joint global projects.
What You Bring
- University Degree in Information Technology, or similar. Your professional experience should be in IT or a related business field.
- 3+ yrs. of professional experience with experience of IT Business Partnering and Consulting in the context of sophisticated global organizational setups
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in culturally diverse environments.
- Problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability and flexibility to work across different time zones to connect with globally distributed stakeholders (e.g. USA, Germany, India)
- Broad knowledge of applications like SAP, PLM products, Salesforce.com, with exposure to disruptive IT innovation.
- You can identify demands from different business environments, for example Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Field Services.
- Good understanding of the Compression business preferred.
- You are proactive, intrinsically motivated to take ownership for your work and are target driven.
- If not already located in the Painted Post, NY area, must be willing to relocate (relocation assistance may be provided).
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
About the Team
“Let’s make tomorrow different today” is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future. In our Business Functions we enable our organization to reach their targets by providing best-in class services and solutions in the areas of IT, HR, Finance, Real Estate, Strategy & Technology and more.
What’s it like to work at Siemens Energy? Take a look: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave
Siemens Energy offers a variety of health and wellness benefits including paid time off and holiday pay. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://benefitsatenergy.com/thinking-of-joining.html. The base salary range for this position in Painted Post, NY is $105,900.00 – $171,600.00 negotiable based on experience.