D&D London Restaurants
The Role: Junior Sous Chef
The Restaurant: 20 Stories
The Location: Manchester
The Salary: Competitive Salary
Why work for us:
- Top rate industry leading pay
- Discount in all of our restaurants – 40% off all day, every day
- Exclusive discounts and cashback options at a range of retailers and cinema tickets at great prices courtesy of LifeWorks App
- Wagestream – access to the Wagestream money management app that lets you track your earnings throughout the month, instantly access up to 40% of your pay as soon as you earn it and save directly from your salary
- Access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline and the opportunity to have 6 hourly sessions with a trained Counsellor for free
- Access to WeCare – a solution designed to support your mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing. You will have access to 24/7 UK-based online GP appointments, mental health counselling, a get fit programme, legal and financial guidance plus much more
- Free tasty and healthy meals on shift
- Employee of the Month scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Holiday that increases with length of service
- Access to our training platform D&D Connect with resources to develop your skills and knowledge
- An optional paid day each year to give back and volunteer
- Recommend a Friend scheme
Who we are:
20 Stories has become an integral part of the city of Manchester’s restaurant scene. Locally known as ‘The restaurant in the sky’, it has become well known for not only its jaw- dropping 360-degree views but its fantastic menus, beautiful design and for one of the liveliest bars in town. The menu represents its location by showcasing the best of the Northwest, with an aim to source ingredients no more than 50 miles from outside Manchester.
At D&D London we are passionate about all thing’s food and drink. We strive to deliver quality in everything we do, each time we do it. With 45 diverse venues across 7 cities including London, New York and Paris – there is a restaurant for every occasion. Each of our sites pride themselves on the unique designs, the freshest produce and the most exclusive settings. Founded in 2006 by Des Gunewardena and David Loewi, our eponymous D and D, the mission has always been the same, to provide each and every guest with a luxury experience when stepping foot into our restaurants and hotel. Through the years we have paved the way in the luxury dining scene, acquiring some of the most iconic venues in London and beyond, venues such as Bluebird Chelsea, 100 Wardour St, Quaglino’s, 20 Stories and our South Place Hotel. With further expansion across the group planned in the upcoming years, this list of top destinations is only set to grow!
A bit about what you will be doing:
As the Junior Sous Chef you will:
- work with the senior kitchen team to ensure consistently high standards in both service and kitchen management.
- have good food knowledge and Health and Safety standards
- have a passion for cooking and bags of enthusiasm
- train, motivate and develop junior chefs
- have a pro-active and motivated attitude to their work and attention to detail
- be a true leader who works well under pressure and understands working in a busy kitchen.
If you are interested in the Junior Sous Chef role, then we would love to hear from you