SARIA’s UK operations have a market-leading presence in a wide range of sectors associated with the food chain. The Group’s companies manufacture quality products for use in human and animal foodstuffs, agriculture, aquaculture, and industrial applications. The company also produces biofuels and renewable energy and provides services for farming and the food industry. The company has a UK annual turnover approaching £280 million and employs around 1,000 people at 19 sites across the country.
Applications are invited for a Laboratory Technician at our Doncaster Site. This is a full-time permanent position, working 40 hours per week. Applications are welcome from school leavers with the required Chemistry qualification, as full training will be given.
As a Laboratory Technician your duties and responsibilities will vary based on the Company’s requirements but will include:
- Routine wet chemistry testing of samples as required.
- Maintaining proficiency in traditional laboratory methods and in the use of modern automated analytical equipment by training and retraining as necessary.
- Housekeeping to assist with the smooth running of the Laboratory i.e., keeping work areas tidy and monitoring consumable stock levels.
- Interpreting results i.e., to be alert to over-limit or out of the ordinary results and to inform customers of out of spec results.
- Carrying out QC checks on equipment and procedures and maintaining these records in accordance with accreditation guidelines.
- Following procedures accurately.
- Accurately recording results.
- The successful candidate will be educated to GCSE Level or equivalent in Chemistry.
- You will have a good knowledge and awareness of relevant Health and Safety requirements.
- Ideally have previous experience of working within a scientific Technical Support role.
- Good IT skills, including LIMS, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Have good communication skills and be able to work well individually and in a team.
- Be self-motivated and driven.
- Ability to prioritise workload to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Have the ability to work under pressure whilst meeting tight deadlines.
- Good decision-making skills, assessing situations to determine the importance.
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high volume of CV’s being received.