Transformation of Industry
A Snapshot of Your Day
As Lead Engineer (f/m/d) Compressor Package & Installation Design you will be responsible within a global project team for the installation planning of the entire compressor train consisting of drive, compressor and auxiliary systems. The scope of duties also includes the handling of some components and systems within the compressor train, such as steel construction and piping.
The position and project management offer many interfaces and always varied and exciting challenges, as our product solutions are tailored to customer needs and you will be working on new technologies and applications as part of the energy transition and decarbonization.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Main contact person for project management and customers for all technical matters concerning package & installation design for turbocompressor systems
- Responsible for the basic design of the mechanical system and the installation concept (layout)
- Review and evaluation of technical contract specifications
- Preparation of technical documentation according to customer contract and project requirements
- Preparation of specifications of purchased components according to customer contract and specifications and support of purchasing in order processing
- Coordination and clarification of technical issues with internal and external partners
- Carrying out design reviews and defining risk mitigation measures
- Monitoring deadlines and the engineering hours budget
What You Bring
- Successfully completed studies in the field of mechanical engineering or comparable as well as several years of professional experience and expertise in the field of plant engineering and project management
- Knowledge of turbocompressor plants and their components and systems
- Knowledge of international standards and regulations in the oil & gas business
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering tools (Teamcenter, NX CAD, SAP, etc.)
- Knowledge of technical quality assurance as well as cost and risk awareness
- Strong teamwork and communication skills as well as intercultural experience
- A systematic and structured way of working as well as initiative and an ownership mentality
- Business fluent in German and English and willingness to travel on business
About the Team
Our Transformation of Industry division is decarbonizing the industrial sector. Increasing
electrification and efficiency are key and demand for green H2 and derivative fuels will rise. We
enable decarbonization of the industrial sector and the transition to sustainable processes,
building on a strong industrial customer base, a global network, diverse technologies, and
integrated execution capabilities.
Find out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, you can expect an attractive employer-financed company pension scheme
- We also offer the opportunity to become a Siemens Energy shareholder
- We offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely, and our inspiring offices provide space for collaboration and creativity
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programmes and learning materials are available for this purpose
- In relation to the “compatibility of family and work”, we have a wide range of offers, e.g. flexible working time models, childcare places at many locations, the possibility of trial part-time work or even a sabbatical
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.